No Refresh for 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM is probably putting their focus on the 2025 EV SUVs, not refreshes on a "dying breed" (current model).

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly @DuraYuk There will continue to be a gas option for the full size GM Truck & SUV platform for many years to come still.

I wish there was an ETA on the next generation GM V8. I wonder what the identifying letters will be? They’ve used “LS” and have now recycled “LT”…

It’d be awesome to see a V8 plus electric motor hybrid drivetrain to help close the gap from ICE to EV without having to fully commit to EV. I’m dreaming of a Gen6 6.2 LT motor with 460HP/500TQ plus a small 250HP/300TQ electric motor. With a combined range of 800 miles per “full charge/tank”.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly @DuraYuk There will continue to be a gas option for the full size GM Truck & SUV platform for many years to come still.

I wish there was an ETA on the next generation GM V8. I wonder what the identifying letters will be? They’ve used “LS” and have now recycled “LT”…

It’d be awesome to see a V8 plus electric motor hybrid drivetrain to help close the gap from ICE to EV without having to fully commit to EV. I’m dreaming of a Gen6 6.2 LT motor with 460HP/500TQ plus a small 250HP/300TQ electric motor. With a combined range of 800 miles per “full charge/tank”.

I would be interested in seeing this hybrid powertrain in the HD vehicles. Gas V8 + 200-300hp hybrid motor with a sizable battery.

It could assist with climbing grades as well as increasing the amount of regenerative braking (engine braking) for longer declines to close the gap on the diesel powertrains. If a battery pack were able to sustain a 30 min climb, it would be useful. I'm not sure there is a longer climb/decline in North America.

jimgeb

Reaction score
Hybrid would be the way to go for now, and when eventually there will be not enough available electric power to charge all the EV's.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing this hybrid powertrain in the HD vehicles. Gas V8 + 200-300hp hybrid motor with a sizable battery.

It could assist with climbing grades as well as increasing the amount of regenerative braking (engine braking) for longer declines to close the gap on the diesel powertrains. If a battery pack were able to sustain a 30 min climb, it would be useful. I'm not sure there is a longer climb/decline in North America.
Where is that 30 minute climb located?

Reaction score
I'm thinking the delay may have a bit to do with the UAW negotiations and the high possibility of a strike. I think mid September is the date for negotiations.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is that 30 minute climb located?

Probably any road that heads up a mountain. I don't think he's talking about a 45 degree climb for 30 minutes straight. Even on the way to Mount Hood here in Oregon or heading west to the coast through some smaller mountains there's a gradual incline for long periods, easily 20 minutes plus. I would agree with most that hybrid would be a great option.

And I wonder if @Husker4theSpurs is right - that back in the spring GM knew the contract was up and figured on a possibility of a strike, hence the delay of pushing the 24s by a few months, refresh or not. Last year the 23 Configurator went live online August 10th and you could order them later that month. Now we're hearing that order books open up in September and production begins in November.

I guess someone in GM corporate can actually plan ...

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me how fast your driving first

It could assist with climbing grades as well as increasing the amount of regenerative braking (engine braking) for longer declines to close the gap on the diesel powertrains.

Yes; And instead of AFM/DFM to increase mpg have a way that any extra “unneeded” ICE power is used to charge the onboard electric motor(s).

And while we’re at it let’s add a toggle switch for driver to choose based on conditions between ICE and EV power similar to a 4WD switch. Have a way to select full time ICE, full time EV, or “AUTO”.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably any road that heads up a mountain. I don't think he's talking about a 45 degree climb for 30 minutes straight. Even on the way to Mount Hood here in Oregon or heading west to the coast through some smaller mountains there's a gradual incline for long periods, easily 20 minutes plus. I would agree with most that hybrid would be a great option.

And I wonder if @Husker4theSpurs is right - that back in the spring GM knew the contract was up and figured on a possibility of a strike, hence the delay of pushing the 24s by a few months, refresh or not. Last year the 23 Configurator went live online August 10th and you could order them later that month. Now we're hearing that order books open up in September and production begins in November.

I guess someone in GM corporate can actually plan ...

Yeah and the last thing you want to do is announce a refresh that you might not be able to produce anytime soon ... and/or give leverage to the UAW when negotiating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019