No Refresh for 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brucemoose2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe wishful thinking but the previous generation redesign was announced in September. So I don’t think it’s out of the question that we see a model year 25 refresh in early 24. Read about the 2015 redesign on Wikipedia.

“The Yukon Denali was redesigned and updated along with other GM SUVs in September 2013 and went to dealerships on February 5, 2014 as a 2015 model.”

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ve all seen the GMC and Chevrolet full size SUV spy shots with camo on the front and rear end hiding some sort of “refresh” facelift change to the model. It’s not a matter of if there will be a model refresh update but when.

To be honest; If GM has decided to push it out another model year I’m ok with it. Why rush it?

With all the threads in the 2021+ section of the various issues the OTA updates have caused, some models prematurely killing batteries, injector issues, and other miscellaneous issues. GM pushing out the refresh one more model year might just be a sign of them wanting to take some extra time and fix/correct some of the current model bugs?

Because GM isn't the only manufacturer to make 1/2 ton based full size SUVs.

GM usually had an advantage because they would release their updates or refreshes 1 year before Ford. By delaying the refresh, you're now competing with Ford without the 1 year head start on orders/sales.

While GM increased production/sales of the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban by 10-20% from 2023 Q1 to 2023 Q2, Ford increased the production/sales of the Expedition by approximately 50% from 2023 Q1 to 2023 Q2. Ford is gaining market share.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe wishful thinking but the previous generation redesign was announced in September. So I don’t think it’s out of the question that we see a model year 25 refresh in early 24. Read about the 2015 redesign on Wikipedia.

“The Yukon Denali was redesigned and updated along with other GM SUVs in September 2013 and went to dealerships on February 5, 2014 as a 2015 model.”
They had to delay the refreshed silverados and did it mid year, ordered my 22 in early January 2022. So could be this

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because GM isn't the only manufacturer to make 1/2 ton based full size SUVs.

GM usually had an advantage because they would release their updates or refreshes 1 year before Ford. By delaying the refresh, you're now competing with Ford without the 1 year head start on orders/sales.

While GM increased production/sales of the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban by 10-20% from 2023 Q1 to 2023 Q2, Ford increased the production/sales of the Expedition by approximately 50% from 2023 Q1 to 2023 Q2. Ford is gaining market share

I see your point… But the advantage you speak of can work both ways right? Release a year sooner and sure you’ve beat the competition to the punch but you’ve also now set the bar for the competition to beat right? I know a year isn’t a long time to make major model changes but at least you know the competition at that point.

Think of all the people that jumped ship to Ford when they were comparing Ford’s latest full-size SUV model to GM’s “latest” 1-2 year old model refresh.

Ford can have and keep their V6TT full-size SUV’s. GM has made the better choice by sticking with the V8 and offering a turbo diesel option.

Now if Ford were to wise up and offer their 5.0 V8 as an option for their full-size SUV platform that’s a different conversation.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see your point… But the advantage you speak of can work both ways right? Release a year sooner and sure you’ve beat the competition to the punch but you’ve also now set the bar for the competition to beat right? I know a year isn’t a long time to make major model changes but at least you know the competition at that point.

Think of all the people that jumped ship to Ford when they were comparing Ford’s latest full-size SUV model to GM’s “latest” 1-2 year old model refresh.

Ford can have and keep their V6TT full-size SUV’s. GM has made the better choice by sticking with the V8 and offering a turbo diesel option.

Now if Ford were to wise up and offer their 5.0 V8 as an option for their full-size SUV platform that’s a different conversation.

I don't think a year or less is enough time for Ford to respond to GM. Perhaps a software update/change is feasible in that time frame, but physical changes take far more time to implement.

While I do prefer GM's naturally aspirated V8s, Ford has largely worked out the design problems with the V6TT. It seems GM has gone backwards on reliability in terms of their naturally aspirated V8s.

I wouldn't consider a turbo diesel for a non HD application. It's not worth the complexity for a 1/2 ton chassis that someone is keeping over 100k miles in my opinion. Turbo diesels aren't a problem under warranty. Once they're not under warranty, one small problem on a turbo diesel powertrain leads to a cascade of fails that ultimately costs far more money to repair than even a turbo charged gas powertrain.

kjfatl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am expecting the next refresh to dump SuperCruise and replace it with UltraCruise. This will come out on Cadillac first in 2024. Tahoe will likely get it in 2025. For GM to do a refresh for a single model year does not make sense.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This. 2024 could end up being a short production run if GM needed to buy another 6 months or so to make the refresh happen.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the big SUVs wont get a refresh yet. I figured since GM hasnt really done mid cycle refreshes on the full size suvs before and there has been no reveal yet. Usually by this point orders are open for next model year.

Im sure there will be some option changes and more standard equipment.

Glad I didn't wait.

I was under the impression that many GM vehicles were going to be DOWNGRADED and not include Apple CarPlay. Do you think Apple CarPlay will still be in the 2024 models?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts