No dome lights, no power locks, driver power seat out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tahoe's drivers seat has no power. The door locks dont work, they all have to have a key to get in, and my dome lights don't turn on when I open doors. I have an aftermarket remote starter thats 15+ years old. When I get in and start the truck, nothing more than what I've told you so far occurs, but when I push the brake, the interior lights will flicker when the door usually would auto-lock. All fuses look good. What could this be?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ve got a short or bare wire somewhere. The aftermarket remote start wiring might be a good place to start. In my experience any time something flickers there’s a short.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
start at the battery, how old is it? clean up the terminals and grounds. just a suggestion so you can rule it out as a root cause and proceed from there because all electrical leads back to the battery.

Wedge

Reaction score
I believe most of that goes through the same relay. I'm assuming your power windows don't work as well? If so, start with the relay that controls the power locks and windows. Then as the other gentleman said, look at the remote starter wiring.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a short behind fuse box on drivers side dash. When I apply pressure to the fuse box, everything works. I put a folded piece of cardboard between cover and fuses for now and everything is back to working...does anyone know what my next step should be? Is it as simple as removing box and checking connections?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz