NNBS POLY Susp Bushings - Put em Where They Belong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
:angry94::angry94:Ah Crap wrong forum .. Mod's can you bump me over to <15 pls

There's not much in poly suspension bushings for the 07-14 NNBS. It makes sense though because there's only a few key areas where they'd do more for the ride instead of muck it up with bump steer. Sway bars are the first to have aftermarket options. It's proven they don't wear and superior in performance, especially if exposed to petroleum products.

Energy shows they have a transmission mount for our 08 Yukon Denali. That's pretty much worthless unless they made a matched set for the motor too. Poly and (oem) rubber bushes don't feel good or work well together for very long.

Here's' an Alldata post to help diagnose if you've got issues that need tissues on your:

https://www.brakeandfrontend.com/gm-simple-steering-noise-fix/

• 2007-‘13 Cadillac Escalade
• 2007-‘13 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Tahoe
• 2007-‘13 GMC Sierra, Yukon

I wanted to create a parking place for poly bushings for the NNBS as they're developed. The one key product I was looking for, but wasn't available when I needed it was, a poly steering rack bushing. They're susceptible to the usual bushing killers, heat, oil, coolant, p/s fluid and whatever is kicked up from the road.

A Dude here in SoCal came up with a fix for the venerable p/s bushing made of poly that's cut and slides in as a direct replacement. The two oem rubber bushing on the d/s aren't suitable for poly because they'd transmit too much road feel to the wheel. GM has not done it yet, but the solution would be to create a HD rubber bushing with more OEM material loaded into the same space.

Until GM or Dorman makes a set of HD power steering mounts for the driver side, Ricochet created a simple solution to keep those two bushes from destructing themselves. He added a steel bracket that takes up the void where there is no bushing material. This limits the deflection that the rack can make into the area where the oem GM bushing has no material.

Prior to my recent AC Delco reman rack replacement, I didn't know about this product. That same rack in the Denali is moaning. Despite being purged, burped and checked all other potential causes, it looks like I got a bad reman rack, or one that sat too long on the shelf. I may be installing this into the replacement rack if I can't figure out why its moaning.

I've put out a request for more info on the product and will keep everyone updated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-GMC-S...654575?hash=item1caadc642f:g:4CwAAOSwhEla9LyC

s-l600.jpg

s-l600.jpg

s-l600.jpg

s-l600.jpg

s-l600.jpg

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
< Definitely interested and sub'ed!

Any idea why GM designed the mounts to have the voids? Surely it wasn't to save 20 cents in rubber. Maybe it was to allow more deflection to further absorb shock and road feel? Would firming up this area transmit more shock and vibes up the chain to the bushings in the steering shaft and steering wheel?

I'm not discounting the purpose here. Being a more spirited driver, I'm fine with feeling more from the road rather than feeling "disconnected" from the steering. But engineers are gonna soften things for the expected/intended drivers of such vehicles. I'm glad there's an option for those that prefer a more lively feel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Just replaced the oem sway bar end links with blue poly inserts. Oh yea! It doesn’t feel like you’ve gotta reach for the oh shit handles before going into a turn anymore. This is a permanent fix as the poly won’t crush, breakdown or disintegrate from engine / road grime.

3110d1c8ace130ebdb6cc8140fd85ad6.jpg

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the poly steering gear bushing lately? Their web site doesn’t work any more but I bought one on Amazon and the bushing doesn’t look exactly like the picture. It was awful just getting it in the bracket and then I fought it for an hour trying to get it on the gear. I understand it’s supposed to be a tight fit but it still should go on. I’ve hurt my hand from trying to get the damn thing on there. I even took the inner tie-rod off the gear to help and still couldn’t get it to go on. The gear just sliced some of the poly off the inside. I emailed the seller but I was just curious if anyone else has run into this.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one to install as well curious as well

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518