NNBS best ever?

NNBS the best?

• No, like/d my other brand SUV better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Navigator wins all the way. My mom had an 06 Limited Edition Ultimate before her 07 ESV and I liked the Navigator better.

wow. i am surprised.. especially the resale value.. it's junk on the Navigators.. you would think if it were the better of the two it would reflect in the resale value.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
True. My mom was upside down in her payments on it. But I remember my mom always saying "this thing rides like a dream" and such about the Navigator. When my dad brought home the ESV, she wouldn't even go outside and look at it. Then we took it for a drive and she complained.

It looks...nice, but it's still not comparable to the Navigator. They even supplied her with a 6-year warranty on the tires alone. They did a bit of a drastic change to the front though, and that has pushed many people away from buying it.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I guess. Only thing is how can you compare a Tahoe/Yukon (non Denali) to a Lincoln Navigator? Would you buy an Expedition instead? If you can afford a Navigator why not get an Escalade then? I may be biased but I don't think there's any comparison between the two? Interior, powertain, exterior is in the eye of the beholder, but all else you would say escalade no?

PS those trans issues have been resolved with the new spd.. that L60-70e was JUNK.. I hear ya.

lol your joking right? The only thing the escalde has on the navigator is the 6.2 liter, have you seen or driven a new navigator (or even an old one) the interior BLOWS the escalde out of the water. Plus a lincoln isnt as flashy. Escalades attract to much attention around here (the bad kind) I got my eye on an 08 mark LT to replace the silverado with too. Those things are SEXY :naughty:

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

I'm with RT here. Many people I know are complaining about the NNBS and most of them had a NBS before and would go back to it.

Me personally, I've driven a couple around and I gotta say I'm not impressed. That is my opinion.. I'm a GM guy to the core but lately it's got me wondering..

here is where im different. I would not go back to the nbs, nnbs is still better interior wise than the nbs. Fit and finish and quality of materials, Especally the look, when you take a nbs denali and nnbs denali the nnbs is far more luxurious. But Ford, toyota, etc, all had nicer looking interiors in the 03-06 range (07 seemed to be a bench mark for all the car companies to come out with new chit)

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

wow. i am surprised.. especially the resale value.. it's junk on the Navigators.. you would think if it were the better of the two it would reflect in the resale value.

06 lincoln goes for the same if not more than an 06 escalade locally atleast, also check ebay. 08 escalade (just a regular one, not ext or esv) goes for about 38-45k, navigator is almost the same. They are pretty dead on even as far as value goes.

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
I am a GM Fan....I do love the Excursion, but since they are no longer made....that leaves me to stick with the GM. As for the Navigator.. It reminds me of a Boca Raton Party Ride. The Navigator to me is just too soft looking. Maybe I am wrong, but thats my imoression of it...Yes I have ridden in a few, Their leather is nice at first but once it is broke in it feels like Pleather ( plastic Leather). I just settled for the Yukon with cloth ( saved more then enough money to pay for Katzkins Tuscany leather) I will put the Tuscany leather up to any Italian leather.. and costs about $1600 installed!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The leather in a Navigator is AMAZING. You don't see Escalades come with piping stitched on the seats. My mom's Navi had gray seats with blue piping. The new ones have black leather with orange piping, it looks really neat.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol your joking right? The only thing the escalde has on the navigator is the 6.2 liter, have you seen or driven a new navigator (or even an old one) the interior BLOWS the escalde out of the water. Plus a lincoln isnt as flashy. Escalades attract to much attention around here (the bad kind) I got my eye on an 08 mark LT to replace the silverado with too. Those things are SEXY :naughty:

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

here is where im different. I would not go back to the nbs, nnbs is still better interior wise than the nbs. Fit and finish and quality of materials, Especally the look, when you take a nbs denali and nnbs denali the nnbs is far more luxurious. But Ford, toyota, etc, all had nicer looking interiors in the 03-06 range (07 seemed to be a bench mark for all the car companies to come out with new chit)

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

06 lincoln goes for the same if not more than an 06 escalade locally atleast, also check ebay. 08 escalade (just a regular one, not ext or esv) goes for about 38-45k, navigator is almost the same. They are pretty dead on even as far as value goes.

actually i have driven multiple 06 newer navigators and also the older ones going back to 99 if I recall correctly, could've been older.. I have also driven all different escalades and I always felt driving the Esky was more fun, whereas driving the navigator was a BOAT.. plain and simple.. being i am a GM guy the interior is another "beauty in the eye" imo.. I can't stand Ford's interiors, style, materials i think are a wash.. As for the Caddy's leather compared to lincoln's? I think the Caddy's better, softer and wears better with time.

btw, here, the Caddy's pull much better than the navigators.. Seems high mileage GM's do better than avg mileage Ford's.. like 100k+mi Caddy vs 60-70k mi Navigators.. was looking for 3 months, convinced i was buying a 2-3yr old Caddy.. of course "just to see" i checked the used lincoln's, that's why i brought that up. I was looking in the 2004-2006 range. newest ones i haven't priced yet.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

I will put the Tuscany leather up to any Italian leather.. and costs about $1600 installed!

Yeah, had it in my 06' maxima, the katzskinz was nice, wore very well.. Still think the Escalade leather is fantastic.. My 07' SRX's leather wore very well BUT.. it was hard since new.. I think that GM wants the leather lasting as opposed to feeling better than the rest, they leaned more towards longevity.. Great to have these debates.. Life is good isn't it?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
escalade leather (except platinum) is the same as in a tahoe. Atleast 09 up. Since they all are preferated for cooled seats.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '07 LTZ has been good, the '01 Yukon it replaced wasn't even in the same class. So much tighter than Yukon even after 45K, and has only had the AC compressor replaced under warranty, and a weird problem where the rear air would start blowing full heat for no reason (it took three trips but finally fixed under warranty) and a recall on the heated washers (but they always worked). The only real bitches on the '09 LTZ at 5K now are major thirst (14 mpg avg. since I drove it off the lot with 4 miles on it), and the rear hatch is still not aligned perfectly after 2 attempted adjustments even though it works fine. The bosses '04 Navigator was a POS. Multiple electrical problems but ran fine until he traded it for a Range Rover.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well lets go down the list...

03 silverado, currently 90k. Over 9k in repairs since I bought it last year.

06 yukon, blown tranny at 40k, sold it 5k miles later,

07 yukon, major tranny work done, fading paint on doors, all 4 had to be resprayed, leather cracking, autoride pump replaced twice, rear defrost replaced twice (whole back window), and various other issues like service stabilitrak, reduced engine power etc. All done under warranty, but still a pita, I love it to death, but am sick of problems. I have owned many older Gm suvs that were all wonderful (late 80s and up), some even had more than 400k miles on them with out any huge problems. but the new stuff has gone down hill. I will say this though, the GMT900 has the best fit and finish of any gm suv I have ever owned. But ford has had better fit and finish since the new style in 03.

For comparison, buddies navigator 05 104k miles, Fuel pump, under powertrain warranty, then tires, brakes etc, neighbors super duty, 214k miles, Injectors, brakes, battery, oil changes, tires. pretty much it. Dodge, terrible fit and finish, terrible tranny, but awesome otherwise.

I will still buy american, but it wont be a GM for a long time, Mainly becuase of the shape the company is in. I feel let down, but also because I can get a better truck from ford, and actually know that my local ford dealer wont close down on me forcing me to drive 30 minutes to the closest gmc dealer.

Something does not add up here.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

The leather in a Navigator is AMAZING. You don't see Escalades come with piping stitched on the seats. My mom's Navi had gray seats with blue piping. The new ones have black leather with orange piping, it looks really neat.

It looks cool. Especially once that vinyl starts cracking and snagging on everthing. Seriously people, there is less leather in these seats, all of them, than are in your sneakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879