NNBS best ever?

NNBS the best?

• No, like/d my other brand SUV better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you buy the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade again, in the same configuration?

After owning the Tahoe for a few months I may have held out to get a Denali over this truck.. Not happy with the leather quality, although I'd get stuck with that God awful AWD... what about you guys?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
To be honest, not really. I'm happy with mine, I think it's an amazing truck. If I ever did trade it would be for a Denali or used Escalade to get more features.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
well lets go down the list...

03 silverado, currently 90k. Over 9k in repairs since I bought it last year.

06 yukon, blown tranny at 40k, sold it 5k miles later,

07 yukon, major tranny work done, fading paint on doors, all 4 had to be resprayed, leather cracking, autoride pump replaced twice, rear defrost replaced twice (whole back window), and various other issues like service stabilitrak, reduced engine power etc. All done under warranty, but still a pita, I love it to death, but am sick of problems. I have owned many older Gm suvs that were all wonderful (late 80s and up), some even had more than 400k miles on them with out any huge problems. but the new stuff has gone down hill. I will say this though, the GMT900 has the best fit and finish of any gm suv I have ever owned. But ford has had better fit and finish since the new style in 03.

For comparison, buddies navigator 05 104k miles, Fuel pump, under powertrain warranty, then tires, brakes etc, neighbors super duty, 214k miles, Injectors, brakes, battery, oil changes, tires. pretty much it. Dodge, terrible fit and finish, terrible tranny, but awesome otherwise.

I will still buy american, but it wont be a GM for a long time, Mainly becuase of the shape the company is in. I feel let down, but also because I can get a better truck from ford, and actually know that my local ford dealer wont close down on me forcing me to drive 30 minutes to the closest gmc dealer.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well lets go down the list...

03 silverado, currently 90k. Over 9k in repairs since I bought it last year.

06 yukon, blown tranny at 40k, sold it 5k miles later,

07 yukon, major tranny work done, fading paint on doors, all 4 had to be resprayed, leather cracking, autoride pump replaced twice, rear defrost replaced twice (whole back window), and various other issues like service stabilitrak, reduced engine power etc. All done under warranty, but still a pita, I love it to death, but am sick of problems. I have owned many older Gm suvs that were all wonderful (late 80s and up), some even had more than 400k miles on them with out any huge problems. but the new stuff has gone down hill. I will say this though, the GMT900 has the best fit and finish of any gm suv I have ever owned. But ford has had better fit and finish since the new style in 03.

For comparison, buddies navigator 05 104k miles, Fuel pump, under powertrain warranty, then tires, brakes etc, neighbors super duty, 214k miles, Injectors, brakes, battery, oil changes, tires. pretty much it. Dodge, terrible fit and finish, terrible tranny, but awesome otherwise.

I will still buy american, but it wont be a GM for a long time, Mainly becuase of the shape the company is in. I feel let down, but also because I can get a better truck from ford, and actually know that my local ford dealer wont close down on me forcing me to drive 30 minutes to the closest gmc dealer.

I guess. Only thing is how can you compare a Tahoe/Yukon (non Denali) to a Lincoln Navigator? Would you buy an Expedition instead? If you can afford a Navigator why not get an Escalade then? I may be biased but I don't think there's any comparison between the two? Interior, powertain, exterior is in the eye of the beholder, but all else you would say escalade no?

PS those trans issues have been resolved with the new spd.. that L60-70e was JUNK.. I hear ya.

Last edited:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
No. Navigator wins all the way. My mom had an 06 Limited Edition Ultimate before her 07 ESV and I liked the Navigator better.

DSC04990.jpg

mine.jpg

That was hers and I think even that body style beats the Escalade. Not too much chrome, and where it does have it is in the right place.

Last edited:

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with RT here. Many people I know are complaining about the NNBS and most of them had a NBS before and would go back to it.

Me personally, I've driven a couple around and I gotta say I'm not impressed. That is my opinion.. I'm a GM guy to the core but lately it's got me wondering..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076