New to the game!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The retrofits cost roughly $1,000 and included a new set of housings. The biggest issue with the retros is aiming. Since they don't have your truck to test fit, the aiming can be a bit off. I don't mind it at all and it's actually hard to notice.

There are other retrofits out there that don't cost quite as much. It also depends on which projectors and other components you select.

Is it not at all adjustable?

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Proceeding to get off topic here... what size are your rims and tires? also, what brand? I like them a lot! I'd like them in black.

Thanks man. They are 22" CK375 (a stock GM wheel). Unfortunately, they have discontinued these wheels but you can still find some replicas online. I bought mine from a guy on ebay who has done business with several TYF members. Mine are obviously Chrome but if you like the black look, check these out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-4-22-Ca...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2ec86819d2

The tires are 305/40/22 I think...or pretty close to it...It's been awhile since I thought about it! lol.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Is it not at all adjustable?

Once the projector is seated in the housing, and the housing is installed in the truck, the only adjustment is an up/down. Very little side to side (left to right aiming of each headlight). Make sense?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chizzy

Chizzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my old ride. Imperial Blue metallic with matte black accents. I also had a RGB LED strip in the front that I sometimes used as a cop light.. oops. Anyways, I'll be uploading some pics of what the interior LEDs looked like and what I have planned to put in the Yukon! but for now... enjoy this picture haha
photo_zps4c692280.jpg

OP
OP
Chizzy

Chizzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are my tailights.. The plasti-dip came out super smooth! Great thing is is that if I get pulled over for it being too black, I can just peel it off! It takes 14 full coats of plasti-dip in order for zero light shine through. This about 5 coats.
photo32_zpsf64c1b53.jpg

Since we are talking about plasti-dip.. here is the hybrid H. Probably one of the most precise dipping I've done.
photo4_zpsf9e68741.jpg

As I was talking about earlier with the interior LEDs, here is picture of my Camaro's interior..
F471CCE4-51DE-4F54-9655-FBF8DAE4A190_zps510f8d22.jpg

I was think about doing something similar with the Yukon but instead of using red, I'm thinking green with blue accents.
Red footwells were purchased from AACstyle.com
Blue Cupholder lights were purchased from Ozinium.com http://www.oznium.com/prewired-surface-mount-led

With the camaro, this lights were tapped into a dimmer that controlled the accent lighting. Now, I know that the yukon has a dimmer.. as shown below..
photo1_zpsb7dd913e.jpg

The question is, what wires are connected to this? If i could find that, I could tap into it and run the footwells on a dimmer which would be pretty awesome! I have NO clue how to find out which wires are which though haha

Ideas?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a cheap test light. Probe each wire when it lights up turn the knob and see if the test light dims. When you find it that will be your hot wire.

OP
OP
Chizzy

Chizzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great day today in the hybrid world because now my hybrid doesn't sound like a hybrid. I have upgraded to flowmaster exhaust and I'm VERY pleased with the sound!

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely go with the projector retrofits. Mine are getting done as we speak and should be back this week.

I also added Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod integration with USB port in the front bezel by the cup holders. Device from PAC-audio and I love it. There's a hybrid on here with replica GM trailblazer SS 22"s and they look fantastic. He's got the grey and the tahoe is black. Mine is white and I'm trying to decide if I want matte black or the grey. They look best on a hybrid in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhunterpost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you put anything behind your grille when you sprayed it black? I have been planning on doing this on my SLT but have not gotten around to it. Also want to do all of the emblems black if you have any suggestions/lessons learned.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chizzy

Chizzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you put anything behind your grille when you sprayed it black? I have been planning on doing this on my SLT but have not gotten around to it. Also want to do all of the emblems black if you have any suggestions/lessons learned.

Thanks.

I did not put anything behind the grille. I chose not to worry about it but you can if you want. As for the lettering, be sure the area is super clean. I clean mine first with soap and then dry it off and after that, I take rubbing alcohol and rub that all over so it is SUPER clean! Spray light on your first coat and then as coats go up, spray heavier. I do about 5-6 coats and it stays looking great until your ready to take it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeker