21+ Game Changer For LED Tail Light Resistors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HollerToHighcntry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this guy is a genius! instead of messing around with resistors behind the tail lights and trying to tap or float them, he made a wiring harness that simply connects the resistors at the connection points underneath the truck. luckily I found lights that have a heat sink built in which help with the heat, but when my resistors die ill get this harness for sure. much better!

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 watt resistors for LEDs? Wow, I'd think those are way oversized but those must be some super high powered LED lamps compared to the old filament bulbs. Kind of amazes me how much circuitry there is in about any LED lighting fixture anyway.

OP
OP
HollerToHighcntry

HollerToHighcntry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah that is high. I’m using 50w now. Maybe best just to pull the damn harness and make the splices at the connection point.

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC they are using 100w resistors because they can handle more heat or something like that.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of amazing how a $400 tail light replaces a couple three dollar 2057 bulbs. And that $400 tail light has, maybe, about the same life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar