Lets play a game of what caused it....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The subject: 2005 Yukon Denali...for those that dont know....that means factory 6.0 and AWD.
Short background: Yukon has been sitting in drive for an extended period of time.
Symptoms: Hard to start, Blowing major white smoke, Reduced Engine Power on the DIC, wont get to normal idle speed, idles erratically.

I suspected bad gas so I threw in some octane booster, 4 gals of new 87 octane and some HEET. Didnt fix anything.

Ill take all guesses as to the cause of this mess until 10/26/23 1700 EST before I post pic of the cause.

Ill give you 3 clues. (1) Its not a bad battery (2) There are no fuel leaks (3) I dont live in the City.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Lean condition caused by a rodent. Haven't figured how yet. I suspect something to do with harnesses effecting fuel delivery or.......

The part about major white smoke can be a lot to one person and not so much to another. The consistency of the smoke tells me something too.

Anyway....good luck and hope one of us gets it. Puzzles are interesting.

Last edited:

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good game.... :thumbsup:

My guess is that the car didn't have enough antifreeze in the coolant, there is a coolant connection at the top of the throttle valve, it broke due to frost and coolant was sucked in the intake, which caused the corresponding problems...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The subject: 2005 Yukon Denali...for those that dont know....that means factory 6.0 and AWD.
Short background: Yukon has been sitting in drive for an extended period of time.
Symptoms: Hard to start, Blowing major white smoke, Reduced Engine Power on the DIC, wont get to normal idle speed, idles erratically.

I suspected bad gas so I threw in some octane booster, 4 gals of new 87 octane and some HEET. Didnt fix anything.

Ill take all guesses as to the cause of this mess until 10/26/23 1700 EST before I post pic of the cause.

Ill give you 3 clues. (1) Its not a bad battery (2) There are no fuel leaks (3) I dont live in the City.
:popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia