New tires for 22” rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXLGo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Needed an off road tread pattern tire as the stock Bridgestone would not handle the logging roads and mud tracks here in the PNW. Hard to find a stock size do went with 285/45R22 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Pics before and after, the Falken are slightly smaller as expected. Taking it on an extended off road trip soon so will report back how they handled.

Previously ran LT BFG KO2 on my 1/2 ton Sierra so interested to see how these new tires perform on the Yukon.

Attachments

• IMG_1311.jpeg
    IMG_1311.jpeg
    613.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1312.jpeg
    IMG_1312.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 55

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wildpeak AT3s are excellent tires. I can’t speak to them on 22 inch wheels but we put them on my moms 2011 grand Cherokee limited that had 18s. They were loud as hell at highway speeds but in the snow that we get up here in our mountain town, man were they kick ass. She never once got stuck or had issues. We sold that Jeep in 2021 and it’s still running around up here and the gal that bought it still has those tires on it. Got my mom into a 2014 overland summit GC in July of 2021 and it had generic off brand all seasons on it that the dealer in Arizona threw on it. We switched them out for falkens, the overland summit has 20 inch wheels and falken doesn’t make the AT3s in the size she needed on her 20 inch wheels, so we went with the slightly less beefy wildpeak ATs and even those are awesome. I know tons of guys running the AT3s on a bunch of different vehicles up here in our ski town and they all have good things to say about them.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I'm looking forward to your update.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had them on the wifes last denali and they were wonderful tires. Had them on my truck too.

A955EDDC-3C68-45DB-AB50-E926D8DB058E.jpeg

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Needed an off road tread pattern tire as the stock Bridgestone would not handle the logging roads and mud tracks here in the PNW. Hard to find a stock size do went with 285/45R22 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Pics before and after, the Falken are slightly smaller as expected. Taking it on an extended off road trip soon so will report back how they handled.

Previously ran LT BFG KO2 on my 1/2 ton Sierra so interested to see how these new tires perform on the Yukon.
I did not have enough clearance on 22" rims for chains, much less mud and snow. Moved to 18" rims and tires to match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan