New ppv owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all just thought id introduce myself. picking up a new to me 2012 ppv Tahoe today. was and ex fire department vehicle so I'm assuming its been well taken care of (if you know firehouses like I do). needs carpet. thinking Katskinz leather seat covers for front and rear. already has a center console. and some 22" rims are in order. might lower it but waiting to see what it looks like at ppv height and 22s. Any advice would be awesome.

tahoe1.JPG

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Nice looking Tahoe you have there. Is it from a local department?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledgeable people on here, they’ve helped me a lot.

How sure are you that has the PPV option, have you run through the RPO codes yet? I ask because it looks like it sits a bit high, those are lowered.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledgeable people on here, they’ve helped me a lot.

How sure are you that has the PPV option, have you run through the RPO codes yet? I ask because it looks like it sits a bit high, those are lowered.
Would not be surprised if it’s a SSV instead of a PPV.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome from sw Michigan.

it will probably be helpful if you include what the truck is and your basic location. we can help further later with these things.

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

well it has all the makings rubber mat floor vinyl rear seats etc seller reports it as a ppv ill get it physically later today. will the obd2 scanner report those codes?

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nevermind just saw the coeds were on the door sticker. what am I looking for there to show if its ppv or ssv??

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
well it has all the makings rubber mat floor vinyl rear seats etc seller reports it as a ppv ill get it physically later today. will the obd2 scanner report those codes?
The production codes are on a sticker in the glovebox, Regular Production Option (RPO) codes are what GM uses to identify choices of available equipment when a vehicle is ordered and built.
Government vehicles are built with many variations, just like civvies. Rubber floor is a choice. Vinyl seats, electrical options, ditto. The pursuit vehicle option has a lowered suspension, speed rated tires, and a higher governed speed. I think it’s only available with steel wheels.

AFAIK there’s no reason an agency couldn’t order a PPV with leather seats and other luxury options if they so choose. I’m sure there are plenty of mandatory rules in the ordering guide where option A excludes option B and option Y also requires option X. You’d need the vehicle ordering forms for the year in question to sort all that out.

In any case I wouldn’t sweat it. Unless you’re heading to a racetrack the “PPV” components really don’t affect the average user.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/ppv-does-someone-have-a-list-of-all-differences.125013/

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The production codes are on a sticker in the glovebox, Regular Production Option (RPO) codes are what GM uses to identify choices of available equipment when a vehicle is ordered and built.
Government vehicles are built with many variations, just like civvies. Rubber floor is a choice. Vinyl seats, electrical options, ditto. The pursuit vehicle option has a lowered suspension, speed rated tires, and a higher governed speed. I think it’s only available with steel wheels.

AFAIK there’s no reason an agency couldn’t order a PPV with leather seats and other luxury options if they so choose. I’m sure there are plenty of mandatory rules in the ordering guide where option A excludes option B and option Y also requires option X. You’d need the vehicle ordering forms for the year in question to sort all that out.

In any case I wouldn’t sweat it. Unless you’re heading to a racetrack the “PPV” components really don’t affect the average user.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/ppv-does-someone-have-a-list-of-all-differences.125013/

Ryan now that I’m looking at it more in the pictures he sent it looks more like an Ssv which is fine with me. It’s getting a new suspension anyway and I’m not gonna race it. It’s gonna be a family wagon and a tower for my show cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues