PPV, does someone have a list of all differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I try searching and found different answers, can someone list or guide me to find all the differences between the PPV and its civilian counterpart? Also, I'm guessing you can retrofit almost if not all changes made to the PPV to a regular Tahoe?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The electrical system is massively different, mostly with added features.

the most obvious physical difference is stance. The rear spring and shocks are substantially shorter. The spring rates are also different. I haven’t confirmed, but understand the upper control arms and even the ball joints may be different. The front hubs are from the 4wd trucks.

are you mainly after the handling or something more?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
https://code3garage.com/articles/special-service-police-pursuit-chevrolet-tahoe/

Lots of people think that cop cars have some secret sauce. Most of the common differences are more like deleted content. For instance no OnStar, no carpet. All police vehicles are not identical; just like civilians they look at the available options and choose what they want. GM offers a la carte options to civilians and government alike.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://code3garage.com/articles/special-service-police-pursuit-chevrolet-tahoe/

Lots of people think that cop cars have some secret sauce. Most of the common differences are more like deleted content. For instance no OnStar, no carpet. All police vehicles are not identical; just like civilians they look at the available options and choose what they want. GM offers a la carte options to civilians and government alike.
One of my coworkers saw thecopcar the first time and asked, “this is supercharged, right?”

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh goody, another forum I’m going to get sucked into.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alternator, suspension, 2 batteries VS 1 in civi, HD brake pkg, HD wheels

I even read the motor mounts are heavy duty on the police tahoes

I myself am waiting for a business deal to come through so I can grab me a PPV I have my eyes own lol

Dave

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. I always thought cop cars were “chipped”. Or at least tuned better than civilian cars
I did as well, for the longest time. We always considered them to be "souped up". I guess it depends on how you look at it though, at least some models had their speed limiter removed.....so technically they were modified. Just not as much as one (or us) assumed. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts