New ppv owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so my first question is the light do not come on it auto setting. You have to physically turn the switch. That Dosent seem like something a ppv would omit? Am I wrong?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so my first question is the light do not come on it auto setting. You have to physically turn the switch. That Dosent seem like something a ppv would omit? Am I wrong?
If you are talking about the headlights, it could be programmed like that for what some refer to as "stealth mode". Just like many times the dome light is wired to not come on when the door opens.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems odd, but we have some seen some weird options on the PPV/SSVs

Have you taken the time to breakdown all of the RPO codes in the glovebox

kevlac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all just thought id introduce myself. picking up a new to me 2012 ppv Tahoe today. was and ex fire department vehicle so I'm assuming its been well taken care of (if you know firehouses like I do). needs carpet. thinking Katskinz leather seat covers for front and rear. already has a center console. and some 22" rims are in order. might lower it but waiting to see what it looks like at ppv height and 22s. Any advice would be awesome.

View attachment 272410
Welcome! I am a newbie here, too. That is one nice looking truck you have. I looking forward to hearing updates on your fancy rig.

Markat666

Reaction score
Here is my 13 PPV on 22” GM Transport wheels, 285 45 22, and Belltech lowered 2/4, spindles in the front, springs in back. So you have a reference if you need. I like that red.

570D997A-29BB-497F-8BC2-777CB148DDD8.png

Fred34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice find, Hey the easiest way to tell the difference between PPV/SSV, ppv's are 2 wheel drive. and it wont have a trailer hitch.
Sorry, but I have a 2015 PPV/SSV and it has 4wheel drive as well as a trailer hitch on it. It also came with this huge assed tactical assault style front bumper with a 12,000 lb winch built into it as well. The police force kept the winch, and the dealer took the bumper off and replaced all the front parts to make the truck look like new. When I asked about the bumper, they said I could have it with the purchase of the truck. It was in the back when we picked the truck up. That bumper is SO heavy, that my 6ft 2inch son and I , could nearly lift it off the ground !!! Love the truck though !!!

Fred34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a general question....what is the difference between a PPV and an SSV ?

Markat666

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have a 2015 PPV/SSV and it has 4wheel drive as well as a trailer hitch on it. It also came with this huge assed tactical assault style front bumper with a 12,000 lb winch built into it as well. The police force kept the winch, and the dealer took the bumper off and replaced all the front parts to make the truck look like new. When I asked about the bumper, they said I could have it with the purchase of the truck. It was in the back when we picked the truck up. That bumper is SO heavy, that my 6ft 2inch son and I , could nearly lift it off the ground !!! Love the truck though !!!
Up until 2015, a PPV didn’t have a hitch.

Markat666

Reaction score
Only Tahoe model without one. Pursuit rated, not tow rated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518