New Owner 2003 Z71 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sweetie101

Sweetie101

Reaction score
I found it in Pompano Beach. It was originally a California vehicle. I had been watching it for a month but thought it was priced high. I received an email that the price was reduced by $1000.00 and they came down more when I was there looking at it. Thought it over and gave them a deposit. After I left someone else offered them the original full price if they would sell it out from underneath me but they would not participate in something shady like that. Yes I feel the price was fail considering the miles and condition. It also has the 4 speed dependable transmission that I wanted. I did not want the newer transmission. The Z also has a larger Eaton rear end. I worked for Eaton and really liked the company's products.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I found it in Pompano Beach. It was originally a California vehicle. I had been watching it for a month but thought it was priced high. I received an email that the price was reduced by $1000.00 and they came down more when I was there looking at it. Thought it over and gave them a deposit. After I left someone else offered them the original full price if they would sell it out from underneath me but they would not participate in something shady like that. Yes I feel the price was fail considering the miles and condition. It also has the 4 speed dependable transmission that I wanted. I did not want the newer transmission. The Z also has a larger Eaton rear end. I worked for Eaton and really liked the company's products.
Nice. Congratulations. She will serve you well for years to come. Just treat her right and with respect :). You're so lucky the people selling it were good, honorable people. Not many left today. Gotta post up some interior shots when you get a chance.

EDIT:I didn't know that aboug the Z71's rear. @PNW VietVet just bought a Z71 too.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@Sweetie101, mine was a week long negotiation process. The guy had it listed originally at $9000. Then he went down to $8500 and I got interested. I went and looked and offered $7500. He said no. I walked away. Then I offered $7700 and again he said no. Then $7800 and again, no. He came up with a friend that was going to buy it at $8000. I waited a couple days and asked if the friend backs out I would pay the $8500. Another day goes by and he then said the friend's mother was gonna help buy it but backed out. Yesterday I said I will pay the $8000 friend price and come get right now. His wife said, SOLD! I got some backing here at the forum for my negotiation process but mostly got just a little grief for letting something pass at $8000 when I was $200 away at $7800. I knew the friend price was a hoax and that would be the bottom dollar. He did not give me grief for dropping to $8000. Hell, there were people here that wanted me to get it worse than I did. That is always ok. I have had some hair raising vehicle negotiation stories here at the forum. It was great info from the members here and I ended up with what I wanted.

I would have some pics posted already at this site but here in Eugene, Oregon we have some fires around us that are spiting ash all over the place and the new Z71 is covered

OP
OP
Sweetie101

Sweetie101

Reaction score
@Sweetie101, mine was a week long negotiation process. The guy had it listed originally at $9000. Then he went down to $8500 and I got interested. I went and looked and offered $7500. He said no. I walked away. Then I offered $7700 and again he said no. Then $7800 and again, no. He came up with a friend that was going to buy it at $8000. I waited a couple days and asked if the friend backs out I would pay the $8500. Another day goes by and he then said the friend's mother was gonna help buy it but backed out. Yesterday I said I will pay the $8000 friend price and come get right now. His wife said, SOLD! I got some backing here at the forum for my negotiation process but mostly got just a little grief for letting something pass at $8000 when I was $200 away at $7800. I knew the friend price was a hoax and that would be the bottom dollar. He did not give me grief for dropping to $8000. Hell, there were people here that wanted me to get it worse than I did. That is always ok. I have had some hair raising vehicle negotiation stories here at the forum. It was great info from the members here and I ended up with what I wanted.

I would have some pics posted already at this site but here in Eugene, Oregon we have some fires around us that are spiting ash all over the place and the new Z71 is covered

OP
OP
Sweetie101

Sweetie101

Reaction score
Please stay safe. I am meticulous about upkeep so I think it will retain good value for a long time. Will send interior photos soon along with some from the undercarriage.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Please stay safe. I am meticulous about upkeep so I think it will retain good value for a long time. Will send interior photos soon along with some from the undercarriage.
For some reason I thought you were in Florida. Looked like a palm tree in your pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt