New-Nivomats... ( Old subject/new problem ) Do they exist??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ZW7 is the designation for Nivomat / Sachs shocks...... But ZW7 isn't the only code....
This website designates all codes.....

No, don't assume that. ZW7 does NOT specifically indicate Nivomat shocks. The GMT900s have ZW7 chassis packages without those shocks. G65 indicates the Nivomat shocks, and will be shown along with the ZW7 code where applicable. Yes, they're related codes, but not the same thing. In some cases the Nivomat shocks are just one part of the Premium Smooth Ride suspension package.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, don't assume that. ZW7 does NOT specifically indicate Nivomat shocks. The GMT900s have ZW7 chassis packages without those shocks. G65 indicates the Nivomat shocks, and will be shown along with the ZW7 code where applicable. Yes, they're related codes, but not the same thing.
So,... Would my XL, with the Premium Smooth Ride Package..... It shows there are 3 versions of the ZW7..... The "Chassis Package" version may be the Nivomat installed, since the Nivomat is actually a component of the rear suspension...... more than just the 'ride quality'.....??
I'll contact my shock friend, and maybe he'll have an opinion.....
( The air-adjustable / shock ( with an air compressor ) is a chassis adjustment..... also?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no idea, but I would bet that a good dealer could tell you which rear shocks came OE on your rig.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so, but take your VIN in with you. Ask the parts person to give you the part number(s) for the rear shocks, and a price and availability. Once you get the price you'll know if they're Nivomats or not. Regular shocks should be less than $100 each, probably less. The Nivomats will be way more than that.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searching, Rock Auto, etc, The specific description for a "Nivomat" , shows many variations, for ..RWD, 4WD, ( ext. 20" wheels, not Z71.... )......
I want..... 2005 YUKON XL SLT 4 WD... ZW7 Premium ride - NIVOMAT.....
But none describe it as such..... There are variables..... when selecting.....
Then there's a selection.... Sachs ( WHICH I WANT)...., but the other manufacturer's VERSIONS, but Nivomat is not mentioned....
Grrrrrrrrrr..... I want OEM/ Sachs !! (( Part # 580-354 OR, 530-532 )) ??????

Amazon describes the Yukon XL, "OEM/ZW7" ( "530-532" shock ) as an "air lift premium shock".... BUT NIVOMAT is not said.......

I got the ACD 580-354 on the rear of mine. That is the correct ones for the self leveling Nivomats.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part designation may be different if you had a Suburban... I believe....
You have a burban?? I remember reading the Nivomats had one part # on tahoes/Escalades etc. These were identical to what came off my Tahoe which was the OEM. The previous owner was too cheap to have replaced them.

Attachments

• 20210908_171621.jpg
    20210908_171621.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 2

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see what your issue is. There definitely is different part numbers for the Yukon XLs vs 05 My tahoe with the same darn smooth ride suspension. Typical GM nonsense. Disregard my post then.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what your issue is. There definitely is different part numbers for the Yukon XLs vs 05 My tahoe with the same darn smooth ride suspension. Typical GM nonsense. Disregard my post then.
I would suspect..... your Tahoe is less weight than a Suburban..... I have an XL.....
So the Nivomat may have different application numbers, due to weight...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv

Latest posts