New Here.....help me with ideas for my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danielgreig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new Here..... Please help me with some ideas for my Tahoe

Hi, I purchased my 2004 Tahoe LT 4x4 about a year ago. I have really started making it my own for the past six months. This is where I am at so far. I have blacked out lights all the way around, black 22" wheels, and a flowmaster with duel 3" out on the passenger side behind the rear tire. I have also purchased an HD cowl hood that I am waiting to get delivered and the "DJM Ultimate Cornering Package for 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban" that I purchased from the TBSSowners.com, which I can't wait to get installed. I am also working on a custom grill that I will hopefully finish up soon that and I will also black it out along with the bumpers once I get the hood.

The next to do's will include a new DVD head unit and a sub or two. I am also hoping for some ideas all the way around including exterior mods, stereo ideas, and some performance goodies for the future. Thanks for reading and your ideas in advance.

Attachments

• Tahoe 4.jpg
    Tahoe 4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Tahoe 6.jpg
    Tahoe 6.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Tahoe 5.jpg
    Tahoe 5.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

LittlePearl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Central Coast (SLO county), California.
Welcome! That's a fantastic looking truck. The HD hood is really going to step up it's appearance. And that exhaust looks great. I'm not sure which you'd prefer, but for mod ideas, I think this could truck could potentially look sick lifted OR lowered. But I really like the look of it at stock height.

Sp1nn3y

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Your truck is gorgeous, the grille is a bit too 'chromey' for my taste but i see you got plans for that. Keep an eye out for those random build threads, they always end up catchin my eye on what to do next to mine.

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Gorgeous truck. Well done so far.
In which direction are you going with the grill?
If black, then I would suggest you maybe black out the trim on the front and rear bumpers too.
See if you can photoshop it to gauge how it would look.

OP
OP
Danielgreig

Danielgreig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcome comments. This forum seems like a good home for great information and some good people to kick around some ideas with.

As far as the grill goes. This is what I have so far, but I am not really happy with it. So, I have some different screen material to try next.

Yes, the plan is to black out the bumpers as well. Right now I am going back and forth on powdercoat or paint. I work at a shop that has a powdercoat department so it would be free but the color will be a bit off.

Attachments

• Proto Grill 1.jpg
    Proto Grill 1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Proto Grill 2.jpg
    Proto Grill 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

K_ddsl

Reaction score
To be honest, powder coating is great if the area being treated sees rubbing/friction/frequent handling etc... which the bumpers are not.

I would paint to match and clear bra and be done if I were you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo