New Here with a 2013 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArchieMcWiener

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a new to me 2013 Denali with 115k on the clock. I've already been searching and reading a ton on here (there is a ton of good information, thank you all for your input) and I'm looking forward to learning and posting more. So far I've replaced the taillights, upper and lower grill, and started blacking out the emblems and chrome. Next on the list will be suspension drop, wheels, carplay, and headlights because the stock ones are unfortunate looking.
1704908248424.png
IMG_2356.jpg
I do have one question for the group that I am not finding through my searches. With the age and mileage of my truck, is a afm delete device from range technologies and a catch can still worth it? I get their value for newer vehicles but I am wondering if it's barely a band-aid at this point.

Thanks for the add and I went ahead and posted my experience with the taillights below:

I first bought some vland taillights and they fit horribly. Everything else from the gasketed connectors to the packaging were top notch, but I couldn't get them to fit correctly. They left a huge gap at the top and rubbed against the tailgate on the drivers side. I replaced them with some Acanii (also on amazon) branded ones and they fit much better but use a much cheaper resistor and connector for the resistor. Small issues that I can address but still worth mentioning.

Vland

IMG_2313.jpg

Acanii
IMG_2341.jpg

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from WI! Nice looking truck.

I don't have much life experience with AFM vehicles, I try to stick with 07-09. My 2017 has it, but I've had a range Device in for 100+k with no issues.

There are many schools of thought on the AFM topic. General synopsis is that frequent oil changes with good oil and quality filter tend to prolong their life. Also to note, that VLOM maintenance seems to help quite a bit as the vehicle ages. Keeping good oil pressure where it needs to go is key.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

AFM - Get a Black Bear Performance tune, which can disable the AFM, in addition to bringing your truck's engine and transmission to life.

Catch Can - I'd still recommend getting one. All you have to see is what gets caught in the catch can to convince you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019