New Here with a 2013 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

ArchieMcWiener

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

AFM - Get a Black Bear Performance tune, which can disable the AFM, in addition to brining your truck's engine and transmission to life.

Catch Can - I'd still recommend getting one. All you have to see is what gets caught in the catch can to convince you.
Is the black bear tune a simple plug in tune? I haven’t looked into them yet.

Runfor5

Reaction score
Welcome from WI! Nice looking truck.

I don't have much life experience with AFM vehicles, I try to stick with 07-09. My 2017 has it, but I've had a range Device in for 100+k with no issues.

There are many schools of thought on the AFM topic. General synopsis is that frequent oil changes with good oil and quality filter tend to prolong their life. Also to note, that VLOM maintenance seems to help quite a bit as the vehicle ages. Keeping good oil pressure where it needs to go is key.
What specifically is done for "VLOM Maintenance" you mention? Like, replacing the entire VLOM manifold tray piece after X miles as if it were a serviceable wear item?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan