New from Germany

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

i am new owner of a 2006 6 Liter Escalate in a very good condition. I have few experience with US Cars but a lot experience with German cars and have my own garage with a carlift, and all tools I need. I as well repair automatic transmissions for Chrysler LeBaron wich i own one as well.

I was working on a 2005 Tahoe from a friend and i was so exited from the workspace and the stability of that truck, that i decided to add an Escalate.
The car is in pretty good condition, but has some small issues, which i will start to repair and hopefully find good information about that here.

I will give response, because i know that the currency in a forum is help versus help.

Please excuse my English, i am not a native speaker.

Best regards from Germany
Ralf

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Nice to meet you. I took German in high school, but I won't even try to write to communicate, so you are doing very well my friend with English as a second language.

What kind of issues are you working on with your Escalade?

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Nice to meet you. I took German in high school, but I won't even try to write to communicate, so you are doing very well my friend with English as a second language.

What kind of issues are you working on with your Escalade?
I also had English in school as a kid. I was not interested, because I didn't see any sence in learning English. So I had bad grades and my father send me one day over the holidays to my aunt in Green Bay Wisconsin, when I was 16. This was the initial turn, when I was getting interested. Now with the internet and the globalization i am glad that my english is not too bad.

My Escalade has just of few issues.

The biggest issue in the moment is, that the seat adjustment is not going up and down. It moves in every direction, but not up and down. When I move the switch, I hear a silent click under the seat. So it seems that power is coming to the motor, but the motor is not start to turn. I know that from my Chrysler Lebaron if you use that Motors not for long time, they stuck, so I move it up and down for a while, but still without function.

My Park distance Control is not working, which is not so important, because I have a radio installed with a rear camera, but I will fix it.

Then my rear air conditioning was disabled. The guy where I bought the car told me, that there was some pipe corroded, somewhere near the passenger door, so they cut the line and closed that, so the front air conditioning is working. It's not a big problem, but I like it, when a car is is fully in function and I can repair air conditioning.

Then I'm looking for a solution if I can put something between the single back seats, because my daughter likes to take stuff when we are on travel and put it next to her, to play. Maybe there is something on the American market which is ready to use. Otherwise I will build something myself.

Than the guy which owned the car before, lost the third seat row, so I need to look for a used one.

Then I will do an initial service, change all operating fluids and do corrosion prevention.

Like the famous German rally driver Walter Röhrl once said: You can't treat cars like humans. Cars need love.:p

So i am glad to find this forum for some help and exchange about this nice hobby...

And thanks to all, for the friendly welcome.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518