New dude here with a new 2017 Z71 Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntermatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Morning everyone. HunterMatt here and I just got myself into a 2017 Z71 Tahoe.

It's being delivered Monday evening, and I'm already foaming to start outfitting it. I'm one of the types who won't ever do it if I don't do it immediately, so saved a couple thousand to outfit as much as I can right now.

That said, I'm looking into lift/leveling it. I'm very specific on how I want it to look and this may be difficult/not worth it because it sits fine for my wanted look, or easy fix. I need y'alls help!

I sold my dream truck (may she live on in picture form in my garage) for this Tahoe with the arrival of our newest family member and first daughter.

Segway that into I want the Tahoe to sit at 3/4 ton Duramax height. I'm taller and loved having to actually step up a smidge to get in, not just slid to the right or sink down....

I want to keep it stock looking, but slick....you look at it, but not quite sure if its had anything done. Keeping the stock 18's, and wanting to run probably a 275/70/18's...but open to that as well. Just no rubbing, and no cutting.

What kind of lift/level do y'all recommend? I don't mind spending the money, back up to like above, I told myself I'm doing it now and not afraid to spend money to do this right. This is my vehicle for for foreseeable future until I can get back into a 3/4 ton pickup and want to make it worth it when we use it.

I'm still working my way through the backlog of threads, but figured I'd jump on and introduce myself and start the ball rolling.

-HunterMatt

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome..

The lift for the front is easy, if you keep the lift mild. There are strut spacers. If you go to high, you end up having to get a axle relocate bracket. Before you dig into that thou, you need to find out if it might have the air ride, or magnaride. That may change your budget a bit, as you have to change/add things to keep the lights off the dash.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, when available, please.

I'm a bit confused on your wants. (1) you say that you want very specific outcomes, implying that you know exactly what you want, (2) you say that you want to keep it stock looking, and (3) you ask for folks input on lifting and/or leveling. Maybe, I'm missing something here, but (2) and (3) above do not appear to be consistent. Perhaps, you can clarify a bit.....

OP
OP
H

huntermatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, when available, please.

I'm a bit confused on your wants. (1) you say that you want very specific outcomes, implying that you know exactly what you want, (2) you say that you want to keep it stock looking, and (3) you ask for folks input on lifting and/or leveling. Maybe, I'm missing something here, but (2) and (3) above do not appear to be consistent. Perhaps, you can clarify a bit.....
I'm after. how TollKeeper put it. I want it looking like its not obviously messed with, that's my specific look I will seek out.

I want to accomplish lifting/leveling the Tahoe such that it sits at what a 3/4 ton 4x4 sits at. Then put a beefier tire under there to fill things proportionally.

Example is like the new 2020 3/4 ton GM and Fords for a couple years, they are running 35's stock now. I want to walk up to the Tahoe and have the thought, holy cow those are what size...looks stock! and not immediately look at it and say ohh yeah, thats lifted.....

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia lots of knowledgeable folks here and good luck with your new rig. I like where you’re going

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone. HunterMatt here and I just got myself into a 2017 Z71 Tahoe.

...I want to keep it stock looking, but slick....you look at it, but not quite sure if its had anything done. Keeping the stock 18's, and wanting to run probably a 275/70/18's...but open to that as well. Just no rubbing, and no cutting.

1628886298746.png

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my non z71 suburban...
This is a 2.5 / 1.5 lift on a 33.

All in again, I would just do the readylift set 4".

I have done almost everything g that lift hasinus drop the front diff, and on these it is a simple 1/2" spacer for the mounting bolts.

It goes in this week for new front struts, and upper arms...I am going with a KYB ( my 2011 z71 hoe had those stock), and upper arms are ready lift. I will drop the difference, but I am currently on the road for work and the wife and burb are 900 miles away.

I do plan on z71 rear springs in hope to loose the rear spacer.

Attachments

• 20210607_175856.jpg
    20210607_175856.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
H

huntermatt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very sharp Storm and diver.

Any thoughts on where to start manufacturer wise on a 2.5"/1.5" kit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17