New battery installation warnings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was looking around pricing a new battery for my 2012 XL Denali and I noticed at Advance Auto Parts it gives this warning for all the batteries that fit this vehicle....

"REQUIRES PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION: DO NOT attempt to install batteries in this vehicle.; Installation may take up to 45 minutes. Battery located under hood.; AGM RECOMMENDED: this vehicle is identified as having high electrical loads by a leading researcher."

Besides it being near the firewall and requires removing that fender bracket, anything else special to be aware of?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Bosch/Varta (Made in USA) H6 L3 sealed AGM battery is on sale at PepBoys for $146 w/ nationwide 48 mo, no hassle, over the counter replacement. We ditched Optima after 10 years and now run Bosch AGM in all 4 of our cars.

https://www.pepboys.com/bosch-plati...187/2012/GMC TRUCK/YUKON XL 1500/V8-376 6.2L

Deff make sure you get a battery saver device to plug into the 12v / ciggy plug to avoid any codes from popping up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking around pricing a new battery for my 2012 XL Denali and I noticed at Advance Auto Parts it gives this warning for all the batteries that fit this vehicle....

"REQUIRES PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION: DO NOT attempt to install batteries in this vehicle.; Installation may take up to 45 minutes. Battery located under hood.; AGM RECOMMENDED: this vehicle is identified as having high electrical loads by a leading researcher."

Besides it being near the firewall and requires removing that fender bracket, anything else special to be aware of?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
hybrid is so easy to swap the battery took me less then 45 seconds to swap it out

move it to the front tray .. saves a lot of hassle..

I actually spent more time cleaning the terminal connections then the install..

Corretion I spend more time in the store trying to buy it I think about 45 min as the service was sooooooooooo slow Also i got a bit chosey on the battery i got..(i had to make sure it was not a store return that was put back onto the shelf )

Sorry you got ripped off as well 199.99 with only 3 years

Walmart has the same battery for $164 including sales taxes(might be slight less for you) with 5 YEARS Free replacement as of 10/2019 NOT prorated it's made by the same manufacture as well.. they keep the S/N in their data base so you will NOT have to worry about claim issues like AUTOZONE or other store has about who bought it or receipts etc...

they should have just prorated mine i would have only saved a few dollars based on the price at the time they would have lost nothing since i would have paid 140 still..(after prorated)

Made IN CHINA battery
3 Years
AGM

FOB Price: US $ 68-75 / Piece
Min. Order: 200 Pieces

Last edited:
OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
hybrid is so easy to swap the battery took me less then 45 seconds to swap it out

move it to the front tray .. saves a lot of hassle..

I actually spent more time cleaning the terminal connections then the install..

Corretion I spend more time in the store trying to buy it I think about 45 min as the service was sooooooooooo slow Also i got a bit chosey on the battery i got..(i had to make sure it was not a store return that was put back onto the shelf )

Sorry you got ripped off as well 199.99 with only 3 years

Walmart has the same battery for $164 including sales taxes(might be slight less for you) with 5 YEARS Free replacement as of 10/2019 NOT prorated it's made by the same manufacture as well.. they keep the S/N in their data base so you will NOT have to worry about claim issues like AUTOZONE or other store has about who bought it or receipts etc...

they should have just prorated mine i would have only saved a few dollars based on the price at the time they would have lost nothing since i would have paid 140 still..(after prorated)

Made IN CHINA battery
3 Years
AGM

FOB Price: US $ 68-75 / Piece
Min. Order: 200 Pieces
Who got ripped off? I haven't bought a battery yet! I was just looking online at different options/brands/costs and noticed that warning at Advance Auto website and wondered if there was something special I didn't know about.

I'm not needing a battery right now, just noticed that if I turn on radio without starting engine I'll get that "battery low start engine" warning on the DIC in just a couple minutes.

It has an Interstate brand in there now, that was there when I bought it in August 2018. Battery and terminals look like new, but I can't find a date on it anywhere though.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who got ripped off? I haven't bought a battery yet! I was just looking online at different options/brands/costs and noticed that warning at Advance Auto website and wondered if there was something special I didn't know about.

I'm not needing a battery right now, just noticed that if I turn on radio without starting engine I'll get that "battery low start engine" warning on the DIC in just a couple minutes.

It has an Interstate brand in there now, that was there when I bought it in August 2018. Battery and terminals look like new, but I can't find a date on it anywhere though.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
interstate normally swaps them out every few months on sitting but like eggs you want them fresh..
There is only 3 manufactures of Flooded or AGM car batteries in the US

considering interstate batteries cost quite a bit..
Suggested Retail Price (in USD)
flooded $174,95 (30mo )or AGM $282,95(48mo)

there is a good chance you did over pay even if you bought it at Costco for the AGM version WHICH is the exact same as the walmart (yep they pump them out of the same factory... and Slap on a logo)

only 36mo 158.99
Full 60 months free replacement for 149.99

yes you over paid..

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
[emoji849]

I've paid nothing for a battery for this vehicle yet.... Lol

Like talking to a brick wall!

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Well clearly you just don't understand... you see when you purchased the vehicle you paid for the battery... the rest of the truck was free...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts