Electrical draw on brand new battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRainey12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How’s it going I have a 2017 Yukon Denali XL having battery draw issues recently changed the battery two months ago it’s brand new and two days ago recently changed the starter. My wife went out this morning to start the vehicle and the battery wouldn’t say struggled but it started up weird and then said service trailer brake system, trying to understand where the draw might be on the batteriy since the battery is brand new as anyone ever had this problem can you please help going on a road trip this weekend? Just wanna make sure I can take the road trip with the vehicle.

mrhp

Reaction score
Are there any accessories in the vehicle that do not work?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

mrhp

Reaction score
Does it go dead overbite, or in a few hours. Test your new battery as it could be defective.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Time to have a parasitic draw test done and hopefully determine if a certain circuit is causing this.

I feel like a 1704597317097.jpeg

mrhp

Reaction score
Dead in 4 hours is a huge draw, or defective battery. Have the battery charged and tested. A load test would be best. If battery passes, then a parasitic draw test would be next. Does the rear wiper work and park properly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo