New 2020 Suburban w/775 miles - loss of steering assist, all gears but 1, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ressure-no-power-steering-second-time.116543/

Does my issue sound similar to yours? 2019 GMC Yukon SLT 4x4.

I have also just submitted a complaint with the NHTSA today since this issue occurred on two occasions now, 5-6 weeks after the first time it went in to the dealership for this problem.

By reading our description our issues are not exact but do share many common similarities. Please see my thread and watch the video.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JohnnyR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
See my response to your thread. Absolutely nuts that a Bluetooth-wifi module could inop an entire system/vehicle.
Failed module on my 2020 Suburban was 84293872. Failed when vehicle remote started.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How were you starting the truck, with the keyfob or the remote start through the Onstar phone app? I have heard of issues with the 2019/2020 Silverado and Sierra trucks when starting through the Onstar phone app that was caused by a recent software update. But I don't even have active Onstar on my 2019 so I can't possibly remote start it with the app.

What pointed them in the direction of the bluetooth-wifi module as being the culprit?

My 2019 yukon did not have any active codes the first time, only history codes. And this second time they are saying no codes as well, just one "U" code of unknown. This was just on Friday afternoon so much much was done yet I would assume.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is a conventional ignition (not keyless with pushbutton start).

I don't use the app. My phone folds in half!
It was the fob remote start. The error occurred even after vehicle had shut itself off from running past the time limit in remote start, and then I inserted key (don't have keyless start in this LT) and started manually.

It did not happen every time - maybe every 5th or 6th remote start.

They were only able to narrow it down to that module by replicating the problem at the dealership and leaving it running and hooking up their diagnostics. They were able to previously pull the resident error codes but those did not indicate where the error was originating.

I would say that if it occurs again, don't shut it off and do insist that the tow/flatbed guy leave it running until the dealership can hook up their diagnostics while it's still in "failure mode."

How were you starting the truck, with the keyfob or the remote start through the Onstar phone app? I have heard of issues with the 2019/2020 Silverado and Sierra trucks when starting through the Onstar phone app that was caused by a recent software update. But I don't even have active Onstar on my 2019 so I can't possibly remote start it with the app.

What pointed them in the direction of the bluetooth-wifi module as being the culprit?

My 2019 yukon did not have any active codes the first time, only history codes. And this second time they are saying no codes as well, just one "U" code of unknown. This was just on Friday afternoon so much much was done yet I would assume.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way Johnny, I am not seeing your response to my thread. When did you post it?

That's a good idea about leaving the vehicle running but the only problem is, the first time it occurred, by the time the tow picked it up their service center was closed for the evening.

This time I begged and pleaded on the phone to have someone come out and hook up while I was experiencing the issue as I was only 15 minutes away from the dealership. They told me they didn't offer that service and only roadside assistance could help me.

It's not just us, there were a couple of other 2019 owners with the same problem, where it always will return to normal just as if nothing happened, and then the dealership replaces some random part and crosses their fingers.

By the way I haven't used my remote start lately so it doesn't seem to be related to that at all, at least for me. Are you saying that each and every time you encountered this issue, you had just used the remote start? I didn't realize that 2020 models came with non-push button start, either.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HEHE wait till they bust out the android based 2021's then your really going to see some screw ball shit

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s with these issues popping up? Have been following @BlaineBug on his issues. I’m still leaning battery cables or main ground cable behind engine on driver side.

And I thought I had issues with a rough idle which by the way I fixed by raising the idle 100 RPM’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s with these issues popping up? Have been following @BlaineBug on his issues. I’m still leaning battery cables or main ground cable behind engine on driver side.

And I thought I had issues with a rough idle which by the way I fixed by raising the idle 100 RPM’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB # 18-NA-161 specifically mentions checking resistance of all of the battery cables. The last time I was in the shop that's the TSB they mentioned on the service invoice. One would think they made all of the proper checks? Even with a cable that has high resistance, what's the deal with having to press the start button two times in order to get the infotainment and dash backlighting to turn on, after the engine is running? I can't wait to hear their BS response this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC