Never seen these seats before

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LDMoore

Reaction score
So we're in the process of looking for a Suburban cuz our Escalade isn't big enough (first world problems).
In my search I came across one with a third row seat I've never seen before. Instead of bench the middle seat is replaced with a kind of mini console with cup holders and cubby hole storage.

Was this a rare option I didn't know about? ce785dfd8eed570ed62aba03d094ed6a.jpgb69f497cc9aacf10c6380b03159e6ba5.jpg

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So we're in the process of looking for a Suburban cuz our Escalade isn't big enough (first world problems).
In my search I came across one with a third row seat I've never seen before. Instead of bench the middle seat is replaced with a kind of mini console with cup holders and cubby hole storage.

Was this a rare option I didn't know about? ce785dfd8eed570ed62aba03d094ed6a.jpgb69f497cc9aacf10c6380b03159e6ba5.jpg

I don't know how rare they are but yes it was an option.

That truck would be a 6 passenger as opposed to the third row with 3 seats being a 7 passenger.

Obviously if it had a 2nd row bench it would be 8 passenger and if it had a bench in the front row instead of the console.... you guessed it... 9 passenger.... lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen one in person but I have seen pictures of them with 3rd row captains.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They were more popular in the earlier years than later. Bill has them in his 2500 Suburban. Kinda like executive seating. That interior looks super clean btw.

OP
OP
LDMoore

LDMoore

Reaction score
Interesting. I kinda like it although my wife doesn't lol but yes it's a very clean. Thanks guys

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I kinda like it although my wife doesn't lol but yes it's a very clean. Thanks guys

We looked at a couple vehicles that had seats like that before we bought or 2013. If it wasn’t for the fact that we have 4 kids and frequently end up being the neighborhood carpool vehicle, we would have seriously considered get one with those seats in the 3rd row, but we needed the seating capacity. Heck we debated on if we should go with 2nd row buckets or bench this time as the last two had benches. Ended up with captains but there are times a bench would be handy.

OP
OP
LDMoore

LDMoore

Reaction score
We looked at a couple vehicles that had seats like that before we bought or 2013. If it wasn’t for the fact that we have 4 kids and frequently end up being the neighborhood carpool vehicle, we would have seriously considered get one with those seats in the 3rd row, but we needed the seating capacity. Heck we debated on if we should go with 2nd row buckets or bench this time as the last two had benches. Ended up with captains but there are times a bench would be handy.
Yeah I get that. For the moment we only have one kid but I was the oldest of 4 kids growing up and we were the same way with our Suburbans. Even now when we go on a trip we take more stuff for our 2 year old son than my wife and I combined! lol it's amazing how much crap you need for a toddler haha

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I’ve never seen a GMT900 with third row seats like that! Had no idea it was a factory option! Everyone I’ve ever seen has a full third row bench! I like the spit third row seats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans