Need the experts... Long Tube headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
it will be a while before i have blower money.... but the cam and a decent set of headers will run about the same cost... you think i should do the cam instead of the LT's?

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are wanting to feel a performance difference, I would go for a torque converter and a cam. LTs won't give you the gains you are looking for.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Yea, I have to call comp and talk with one of their techs... after all I have tried to learn, I still dont understand how the information relates to power gains! That being said, if I was to do a t. converter, would it change the dinamics of what type of cam I would want?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are going to want to build around your stall, so I would call the TC company you want to go with and see what they suggest for what you are wanting.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
cool thanks Jenna... I thought Max was going to try to spend all my money, and here you are doing it for him!!! lol

I need to win the lotto

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
If you call a good converter place they will recommend one for the cam you have in mind. The yank truck 2600 would be a good piece for you, maybe even the 3000 if you never plan on towing substantial weight. A cam + converter + retune would make a huge difference on your truck, far more than 25-30hp from some longtubes. If you plan on doing a blower get a cam like Jenna has or call a cam manufacturer and tell them what you plan to accomplish. Here is a link to the yank truck converters:
http://www.converter.cc/converters/truck/index.html
Occasionally they will have deals on them over at pt.net I almost bought a 3000 back in november but my brother is still unemployed so expensive stuff is on hold. At the very least do a bigger trans cooler and HD2 shift kit when you do the cam swap + converter.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool thanks Jenna... I thought Max was going to try to spend all my money, and here you are doing it for him!!! lol

I need to win the lotto

You can save alotta money doing it yourself...call up Jerry! I would lure him over with some crown....

B

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
You can save alotta money doing it yourself...call up Jerry! I would lure him over with some crown....

B

you mean doing to install/labor myself? OF COURSE!!! you dont get a broken arm by paying other people to work on your truck for you! I wouldnt have it any other way, the problem is paying for the GD parts.

Knowing that Chis loves crown is a nice peice of info.. I ALWAYS have CR on hand, thats one of my favorites

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Another plus is cams are easy to change in the LS engines.

Def go comp cams,

I had a PI 2800 stall in my 04 Z71 and it felt stock till i got in it. Great piece, but i wouldnt think twice about a 3000 stall.

These motors love cams!!

DallasD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So would a 3000 stall still allow me to tow a boat???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900