Need New Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my Hoe finally needs new shocks ( well i guess lifting it 2" with the original shocks with almost 200,000 Km's didn't help). So what do you guys recommend, I know the first choice will be Billstien but I'm looking for something more affordable. I heard good and bad things about Monroe Reflex, also thinking about the Rancho RS7000's maybe the 5000's because of price. I prefer a firmer ride and looking for a affordable alternative to the Billsteins.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Monroe reflexes are good but may not accommodate your lift. I would suggest the rancho adjustable to dial in your comfort. Cost more money tho.

OP
OP
Green monster

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sunlit I think Rs7000 are basically Monroe's reflex since Monroe owns Rancho but Ranchos offer different lengths for our trucks. What about the Rancho originals RS5000's are they a decent shock? like I said I prefer a firmer ride.

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RS5000s on my truck. I like them, good shocks for a good price. May get some more since these are starting to show their age.

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the Bilstein 4600's (for stock height) or 5100's (for lifted vehicles)? That's what I'm leaning towards...

Casey

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you chose the RC lift kit they offer a complete set?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Green monster

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I decided to go with the RS7000's for my Hoe, read some more reviews and they compare with Bilsteins HD's. Only problem is ordering them online, F@CKING Canadian distributors only want to sell RS5000's & 9000's and still special order.

OP
OP
Green monster

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I tried ordering the Rancho Rs7000's but getting F#cked around by a Canadian online site. The site said they're in stock but once I placed the order I get an Email saying the Rs7000's are special order. Today I finally got in contact with store and canceled my order.
I ended up going by Napa today and they suggested KYB Monomax for my truck. Has anybody used them before???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n