Looks Like I Need New Rear Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bad_idea

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Yukon XL Denali. It appears the rear shocks are worn out. I say that because there is an audible leak from the driver side rear shock that I can run my finger over and feel. I know the truck has mag ride. I assume the rears are mag ride also? I looked them up on GMPartsDirect.com and they are back ordered (item 86787494). Is there a comparable interchange? I prefer to stick with OEM, but am open to a quality aftermarket. I am happy with the stock ride. I tow a 7k lb car hauler with a jeep on it often enough. Truck is all original, do not plan to modify it. Thanks all.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could check car-parts.com and see if you can find some low mileage ones from a wreck

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your suspension RPO code? Would be something like Z95.

I ask because the part number you mention is for the increased capacity package I believe.

Part Number 84176675 looks to be for Magride and RPO code Z95.

funnyguyMI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rock auto has these in stock. I just ordered some. It is what they listed for my ‘18 yukon xl..

GM GENUINE 84176675
Rear; Magneride Package (Z95); w/ RPO Code AC39

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Yukon XL Denali. It appears the rear shocks are worn out. I say that because there is an audible leak from the driver side rear shock that I can run my finger over and feel. I know the truck has mag ride. I assume the rears are mag ride also? I looked them up on GMPartsDirect.com and they are back ordered (item 86787494). Is there a comparable interchange? I prefer to stick with OEM, but am open to a quality aftermarket. I am happy with the stock ride. I tow a 7k lb car hauler with a jeep on it often enough. Truck is all original, do not plan to modify it. Thanks all.
GMPartsGiant.com has it in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667