Need Information to repair rear Ac which was disabled by previous owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, i want to repair my rear air condition, which was disabled by the guy I bought the car from.

They had, as far as i know, a leakage in the high pressure line to the rear expension valve, cut it and weld it, to close the line.

Now I am looking for an overview of the rear system, or a repair manual for the rear system.

I tried to look already where GM put that lines. But I didn't see where they mounted it and what I have to disassemble to reach them.

Does anyone has some information?

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, i want to repair my rear air condition, which was disabled by the guy I bought the car from.

They had, as far as i know, a leakage in the high pressure line to the rear expension valve, cut it and weld it, to close the line.

Now I am looking for an overview of the rear system, or a repair manual for the rear system.

I tried to look already where GM put that lines. But I didn't see where they mounted it and what I have to disassemble to reach them.

Does anyone has some information?

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, but it didn't help me, because it was a commercial link, and I don't need a so much information, that it is necessary to pay for.

I fixed my rear Ac line today with a repair kit. I filled the whole system and made a leakage test, which is good.

Tomorrow I will assemble the whole car and check, if my rear AC now runs in all functions.

If anybody findes this Fred with the same problem.

It was no problem to exchange the high pressure and low pressure line. I just had to remove the front and rear, right wheel house cover and loosend the right doorboard nuts.
Then I evacuated the system, because mine was not empty.

Then I loosend the old lines in the rear section where you can work from under the car. In my case the high pressure line was so stuck, that it took me some time to remove it, without damaging anything. But that was the only problem.

Than I loosend the lines in the engine compartment.

Then I laid and screwed on the repair kit, which basically consists of two long hoses with the appropriate connections and seals.

I did a vacuum for about an hour, to remove old humity and that keept that vakuum for another hour, to check it the system is leak tight.

And then I refilled the system with cooling gas and oil with leak test..

Then I run the system for 10 minutes and checked with a UV lamp if everything looks leaked tight.

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed today the debris of the old line, to give the new line space at the doorboard, assembled everthing and let the car run. Everything seems to work and the cooling is much better than before.

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone look for a repair set. That was was I installed.

Attachments

• 20230606_163035.JPG
    20230606_163035.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so glad that i did that work.
First of all, now when i start the car i have direct cooling, before i thought that the AC is somewhat sluggish.

And second now the control is very good. I have the feeling that the controls are much better now. Before, it felt like whether the control system does not get it regulated to adjust the temperature of the car. Sometimes it was too cold, then there was warm air again, then it got cold again. I think due to the lack of cooling capacity at the rear, the control could no longer work properly.

I can recoment everyone to repair a broken ac line to the rear system and not just to close the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone