need help with fluid amounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey whats up everyone looking for heklp with fluid amounts for front diff, transfer case, and rear diff. I did this maybe 70k miles ago and the notebook i wrote down all the details in got wet. having a hard time finding proper amounts before i do the service. i have a AWD 2004 chevy Tahoe 5.3 V8 T VIN. trying to find out the proper amounts needed so i can order amsoil brand, there isnt alot of places to go pick it up if i order an amount smaller than i need. anyone know where i can find this information? i have a pic of RPO sticker too if it helps. 20171010_225531.jpg

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Amsoil have those specs on its site?
it does but it has different amounts for the type of differentials you have. i cant figure out which ones i got to match up with their info.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
also what gaskets would you guys reccomend for the diff?
Lube locker 100%
When I recently did my rear diff (8.6), I needed a lot more fluid than expected. However, I also added a different cover to it, to provide a girdle, so apparently this makes a significant difference. I also used Amsoil, and had to source a couple more quarts locally. I was able to find a guy about 5 miles away who had it.
Typically though, those numbers should be spot on. Of course, I’m someone who ALWAYS gets more than I expect to need. Why not have it just in case? Pretty sure it won’t go bad without refrigeration.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also i seen 80w some places and 75w others. what would yall reccomend for a hard driven city stop and go daily truck? 170k miles

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lube locker 100%
When I recently did my rear diff (8.6), I needed a lot more fluid than expected. However, I also added a different cover to it, to provide a girdle, so apparently this makes a significant difference. I also used Amsoil, and had to source a couple more quarts locally. I was able to find a guy about 5 miles away who had it.
Typically though, those numbers should be spot on. Of course, I’m someone who ALWAYS gets more than I expect to need. Why not have it just in case? Pretty sure it won’t go bad without refrigeration.
im about to google the lube locker, but this is my concern far as the amount. nobody sells amsoil here pretty much. i rather order more than i need and keep the rest but i need an idea of how much i need you know? theres only like 2 stores ive seen that carry amsoil in the entire county.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts