Radiator replacement for 04 tahoe T vin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having trouble finding an exact replacement by the usual way. i cross referenced on ebay that gave me a parts number that lined up with an AC delco radiator but it says "GAS; Excluding Rear Auxiliary Air Conditioning(C69); CORE SIZE 28-1/4 X 17 1/8 X 7/8; CODE JDS,AAT,CAN,AJR,GAN (DRAIN **** ELIMINATED); 4 speed Automatic trans." my RPO sticker says C69 i cant find any of the other codes on this one or another listed. anyone know where i can find this info?

2004 chevy tahoe 5.3l V8 LT it is not the flex fuel version. the Vin is T.

new2yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had any issue w/ correct parts on rockauto.com

Try them if you havent already. Should solve it for you.

I just replaced mine and rear AC and auto trans and no oil cooler and the width of radiator were the deciding factors for my 2001 IFIRC.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
having trouble finding an exact replacement by the usual way. i cross referenced on ebay that gave me a parts number that lined up with an AC delco radiator but it says "GAS; Excluding Rear Auxiliary Air Conditioning(C69); CORE SIZE 28-1/4 X 17 1/8 X 7/8; CODE JDS,AAT,CAN,AJR,GAN (DRAIN **** ELIMINATED); 4 speed Automatic trans." my RPO sticker says C69 i cant find any of the other codes on this one or another listed. anyone know where i can find this info?

2004 chevy tahoe 5.3l V8 LT it is not the flex fuel version. the Vin is T.
you just need a standard 34" radiator, if you have the oil cooler option there will be 2 small lines attached to the left side of the radiator, if not you can get the radiator with or without that option it doesn't matter, the 2 lines on the right are standard and are for the transmission.
the
DENSO 2219011 on rockauto will work if you have the oil cooler or not
the
ACDELCO 21650 on rockauto will work if you do not have the oil cooler option

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a nbs tahoe with a radiator smaller than 34" but you can just measure yours to be 100% certain, if yours is the 28" you can use a 34" if you want to you would just need the bigger fan shroud, fitment is the same otherwise on the bottom of the radiator support frame there is 2 set's of round holes all trucks/suvs come with holes for a 28" or 34" all you have to do is move the rubber fittings over to one hole or the other.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i looked it up on the ACDELCO site and it said that was the one for the T vin i ordered it guess ill see when i get it i left this window open didnt refresh for the replies but thanks guys

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a nbs tahoe with a radiator smaller than 34" but you can just measure yours to be 100% certain, if yours is the 28" you can use a 34" if you want to you would just need the bigger fan shroud, fitment is the same otherwise on the bottom of the radiator support frame there is 2 set's of round holes all trucks/suvs come with holes for a 28" or 34" all you have to do is move the rubber fittings over to one hole or the other.
Youll need different rad hoses too. On my gmt400 I made the smaller shroud work, it just doesnt cover the whole radiator. The 34" rad can also be purchased with a thicker core too for the HD trucks. Cost was the same so I figured why not.

20190306_111909.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Youll need different rad hoses too. On my gmt400 I made the smaller shroud work, it just doesnt cover the whole radiator. The 34" rad can also be purchased with a thicker core too for the HD trucks. Cost was the same so I figured why not.

View attachment 245918
switched mine in my 03 Silverado from a 28 to a 34 didn't need hoses they fit perfectly fine, went to the junkyard picked up a shroud, all good
all (oem) radiator hose are the same length 18" on the bottom and 48" on the top they don't sell different length hose unless you buy a aftermarket cut to fit hose.
btw this is for the gmt800, older generation may be different.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
switched mine in my 03 Silverado from a 28 to a 34 didn't need hoses they fit perfectly fine, went to the junkyard picked up a shroud, all good
all (oem) radiator hose are the same length 18" on the bottom and 48" on the top they don't sell different length hose unless you buy a aftermarket cut to fit hose.
btw this is for the gmt800, older generation may be different.
Ah ok. They are definitely different on my gmt400.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered the one one just to be safe will return what doesnt fit i guess

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update: the bigger one was the correct one thanks for the replies guys. the original was cracked, 130K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700