Need help narrowing down low fuel pressure...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BOOM_FIST

BOOM_FIST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now if you stick a long extension on the FPR and the other to your ear is that exactly where the sound is coming from? If so, then mystery solved!

I haven't, but I will on my lunch break. There's an Advance Auto and AutoZone right down the street from my work and I figure $65 for the BWD won't hurt to troubleshoot again anyway. Here's to hoping!

OP
OP
BOOM_FIST

BOOM_FIST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright - reporting back since running out to Advance Auto Parts on my lunch break yesterday....

Bought the BWD brand FPR. Swapped it out right there in the parking lot in 5 mins. Fitment is great, no leaks, NO NOISES. Didn't have my fuel pressure gauge with me and didn't have time when I got home as I had 2 late night softball games. Runs strong and no hiccups from a dead stop and ripping it up to 80MPH.

Anyways...seems as if the BWD brand cured the fuel straining/vibration sound altogether, but yet to check if the fuel pressure is up to par. I still have a very slight idle shudder every now and then, but totally manageable at this point.

About to go on work travel for a week and a half, but I will report back after checking fuel pressure with new FPR....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n