Need Help installing new speakers and radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corona718

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
*** I need some help installing component speakers and fixing the install of a new receiver

Some Back Ground
I have an 07 Tahoe LT with the Premium Bose system (analog/dumb amp), Non-Nav -- this is the Bose system w/o the center dashboard speaker
- I do have On Star & rear Parking sensors

I went to a local small audio shop and bought a Kenwood DDX57S receiver, Kicker KS6504 component speakers for front and rear w/ DS18 Candy-X4B Amp. The Audio Shop turned out to be a complete chop shop -- installing the wrong receiver interface, splicing wires here and there to fix it ad-hoc, breaking pieces of trim and trying to hide it (they glued broken trim back in place), incorrectly installing the component speakers, etc etc. There is so much more, I'll save you all the story and grief. It's a complete mess.

They have told me they will get it all fixed, but just from speaking to them over the last week and realizing how little they know, I have no faith in them being able to actually get these things fixed correctly. Taking matters into my own hands.

I am going to install the correct receiver interface, fix the install of the front speakers, and install the rear speakers -- looking for some general guidance

A few questions
  • on the speakers and the new amp, how does the wiring generally work? Does the amp go directly to the speakers to power, or is it going to the receiver and then the receiver to speakers?
  • On installing the component speakers, front and rear, can someone provide some general wiring guidance on these. I see there is a crossover with these new components. does the cross over connect directly to the wiring in the car's door, and then from there out separately to mids/bass & tweeter? or some other way?
    • for the front speakers, the chop shop placed the new tweeters in the A Pillars where the bose tweeters were installed, but did not wire them to the new crossover. They tried to tell me that is how it goes, but I don't see how that can be correct.
    • on the rear speak setup, with the factory tweeters in the D-Pillar, similar question to the up front speakers -- am I using the existing wiring in the car, or placing new wiring to go from the rear door cross overs to the D-Pillar tweeters?
  • My chimes, Rear Parking Sensors, steering wheel controls haven't been working since they installed the receiver. They originally has use a generic/universal Axxess interface, model # AXSWC. From what I've learned online, I believe I need the Axxess AXDIS-GMLN29. Can anyone confirm?
    • The Axxess AXDIS-GMLN29 does not mention anything about the chimes for rear parking assist chimes. wondering if it will work. I did notice that PAC makes an interface that specifically references this, Model # OS-5. Is this a better interface to go with, over the AXDIS-GMLN29
  • On the receiver install, I havent checked, but I'm almost certain they probably spliced up the car's harness. Should I expect any issues if they did cut of the car's harness (manually connecting wiring)? If they did, would the correct fix be to hardwire the car's spliced harness into the correct Axxess or PAC harness? Or get the car's harness fixed, reinstalling the connectors, and then moving forward from there, using the connectors from the car to the connectors for the Axxess/PAC interaces?

Any help, guidance I can get from you guys will be a HUGE Help.

emanresuym

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
*** I need some help installing component speakers and fixing the install of a new receiver

Some Back Ground
I have an 07 Tahoe LT with the Premium Bose system (analog/dumb amp), Non-Nav -- this is the Bose system w/o the center dashboard speaker
- I do have On Star & rear Parking sensors

I went to a local small audio shop and bought a Kenwood DDX57S receiver, Kicker KS6504 component speakers for front and rear w/ DS18 Candy-X4B Amp. The Audio Shop turned out to be a complete chop shop -- installing the wrong receiver interface, splicing wires here and there to fix it ad-hoc, breaking pieces of trim and trying to hide it (they glued broken trim back in place), incorrectly installing the component speakers, etc etc. There is so much more, I'll save you all the story and grief. It's a complete mess.

They have told me they will get it all fixed, but just from speaking to them over the last week and realizing how little they know, I have no faith in them being able to actually get these things fixed correctly. Taking matters into my own hands.

I am going to install the correct receiver interface, fix the install of the front speakers, and install the rear speakers -- looking for some general guidance

A few questions
  • on the speakers and the new amp, how does the wiring generally work? Does the amp go directly to the speakers to power, or is it going to the receiver and then the receiver to speakers?
  • On installing the component speakers, front and rear, can someone provide some general wiring guidance on these. I see there is a crossover with these new components. does the cross over connect directly to the wiring in the car's door, and then from there out separately to mids/bass & tweeter? or some other way?
    • for the front speakers, the chop shop placed the new tweeters in the A Pillars where the bose tweeters were installed, but did not wire them to the new crossover. They tried to tell me that is how it goes, but I don't see how that can be correct.
    • on the rear speak setup, with the factory tweeters in the D-Pillar, similar question to the up front speakers -- am I using the existing wiring in the car, or placing new wiring to go from the rear door cross overs to the D-Pillar tweeters?
  • My chimes, Rear Parking Sensors, steering wheel controls haven't been working since they installed the receiver. They originally has use a generic/universal Axxess interface, model # AXSWC. From what I've learned online, I believe I need the Axxess AXDIS-GMLN29. Can anyone confirm?
    • The Axxess AXDIS-GMLN29 does not mention anything about the chimes for rear parking assist chimes. wondering if it will work. I did notice that PAC makes an interface that specifically references this, Model # OS-5. Is this a better interface to go with, over the AXDIS-GMLN29
  • On the receiver install, I havent checked, but I'm almost certain they probably spliced up the car's harness. Should I expect any issues if they did cut of the car's harness (manually connecting wiring)? If they did, would the correct fix be to hardwire the car's spliced harness into the correct Axxess or PAC harness? Or get the car's harness fixed, reinstalling the connectors, and then moving forward from there, using the connectors from the car to the connectors for the Axxess/PAC interaces?

Any help, guidance I can get from you guys will be a HUGE Help.

emanresuym

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i can tell ya anything you wanna know and if i cant i can tell you where to look. ill give ya my email if ya like so we can chat about it, i dont like the world reading my stuff unless its meant for the public, theres a lot you need to be told it looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick