Need help from the healight retrofitters....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got my retrofit kit from TRS today and decided to get started. Im half way through the first headlight and ran into a problem that I was hoping I could get some help on. I got the Panamera shrouds and I dont see any way they will fit over the solenoid on the projector housing without being cut. This will also allow the solenoid to be visible, which Im not to bothered about, but would prefer it be hidden. I know the Gatling shrouds are popular here, but I wanted to try a different one. Maybe that was my mistake. How did you guys with the retrofits get the shrouds around the solenoids?
Also, does anyone have pictures of their retrofits with the projector housings mounted, but headlight housing unassembled?
TIA

OP
OP
S

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I forgot to mention Im doing this on a Yukon. I got the Acura TL 3" projectors... I love the dual projector look though.. Wish I could do it on these Yukon headlights...

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TL's are excellent projectors, but there are currently no shrouds available that cover them without modification.

the E46-R extended dont do it (pics borrowed from hidplanet).

IMG_2477.jpg
IMG_2473.jpg

you can bury it the lower part of the reflector but that may not be a functional or atheistically pleasing solution for the yukon headlight.

004-Copy.jpg

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should shoot Bjorn at customlightz.com an email ... he did a Denali retro for a member here (as well as mine) and he has a shroud that he has manufactured just for him called the Type K shroud which works with a lot more applications. I actually saw him today, and by coincidence inquired about doing a TL retro in a Denali, and he said those would be the shrouds to use.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Type K shroud:

type-k.jpg

http://customlightz.com/?p=p_206&sName=type-k-shrouds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuellar1989

Latest posts