From Lowered to Lifted, need help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As the title indicates, I did the front spring to rear lowering setup. I like it a lot but my roads here are absolutely horrible and we did more off road driving last winter with the kids getting older so I imagine more will be coming. I want to lift it a tiny bit (I think) or maybe just level it off from factory but I also am hoping to get a more comfortable ride. I am prepared to pay to replace shocks and springs (maybe to coilovers if that is the way) but I would rather not spend and arm and a leg. I would likely run a 20 or 22 rim.

Anyone here done anything like this? I want the ride to be better than stock.

If I move the rear springs back to the front, the rake is there, which I would like to eliminate with the lift (maybe 2 inch).

Here is what I currently havepart-0.jpg

Whoevers truck this is, is pretty close to the look I am going for.

IMG_9489.jpeg

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're probably looking at a complete suspension rework to achieve that look. I'm guessing more than what you'd like to spend. Especially if you want a smoother than factory ride.

However if that's what you're determined to do, I recommend modifying the front inner fender liners for a maximum turning radius. Of course this is all dependent on your wheel and tire setup, but it's better to have the clearance now, than have to revisit it after the fact.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with the “front springs to the rear” lowering method with the ‘21+ platform. Are there still OEM front springs installed up front and you purchased an additional set of OEM front springs and installed them in the rear?

How many miles are on your truck?
Do you still have the stock/OEM suspension parts?

If it were me I would consider doing this in 2 stages.

Stage 1 - Reinstall stock suspension parts and return to stock ride height. For a few reasons; This gets you back up to stock ride height. Most front and rear lift or leveling kits will be based on the amount of ride height changes made to the vehicles stock ride height. This will allow you to figure out how much more front or rear lift you want over stock.

Also depending on vehicle mileage this will allow you to access what stock OEM suspension parts need replaced, serviced, or upgraded.

Determining what OEM parts need replaced or can be upgraded may also influence the path and parts used to achieve your lift/level goals.

Stage 2 - Determine how much more lift you want above stock ride height purchase your suspension lift/level kit and install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar