Need help from an Audio Buff.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm not a big car audio guy and was wondering if you could help me out. I just picked up a 12" L5 Solo - Baric. It's an older model the number is 06VS12L52. From everything that I've looked up it says it's 2 OHM DVC. But some sites say that the Final Impedance is 2 OHMS. My question is: Is it really 4 OHM DVC wired for 2 OHMS? Or is it really 2 OHM DVC.

I am starting to confuse myself so basically what I am trying to find out is it will be ok with my 2 OHM stable mono AMP. I don't want it to be accidentally running at 1 OHM and mess my stuff up. I looked at the wiring underneath and its wired in parallel like this: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=42

At a loss please help! Will a multimeter measure ohms? I thought I measured it at the box terminals and it was dead on 2.0. But not sure If i did it right =/
:confused:

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:47 PM ----------

NVM I got it :p

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you measured it at the box terminal, then u probably have a dual 4 ohm sub that has the 2 coils wired up to give a 2 ohm load, if you want to really know take the sub out of the enclosure and measure the coils to see

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan, it would be nice if you paid me for the item I shipped you. I see you can go about and get Solo Baric subs and all.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019