Need help with 2010 Hybrid Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

makintoshnex

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I hat to let him go. Caddy left my ownership. Despite all efforts, I had to let him go. For that year I owned him, he became a real member of my family, despite he almost finished us on highway. There was no sense to reanimate dead man. Engine started to miss again. I barely managed to drive it around a block. Nobody new what is going on with it. What caused that much problems. There is a lot to trouble shoot with. I still miss him, and tears flod my eyes. But the sad story should come to an end. It really had a soul. I really loved driving it, despite all imperfections. I officially gave it last ride yesterday as las memorial ride. And today it left Brooklyn. God knows where. Freewheel dear friend, you been good and bad to me , gave me a lot of fun and trouble.
I think this topic is officially closed. Thank you all for your assistance, I will never forget you fellas. All the best. It's time for me to move forward.

Attachments

• IMG_20240118_172101.jpg
    IMG_20240118_172101.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240118_172104.jpg
    IMG_20240118_172104.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240118_172058.jpg
    IMG_20240118_172058.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 3

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's always hard to let go of a vehicle you love, especially when concluding it's mostly impossible to fix. I had a 96 Impala SS that had gremlins inside it that I couldn't keep fixing it. It still yanks at my heart that I had to let her go.
What are you replacing the Escalade with?

OP
OP
M

makintoshnex

Reaction score
It's always hard to let go of a vehicle you love, especially when concluding it's mostly impossible to fix. I had a 96 Impala SS that had gremlins inside it that I couldn't keep fixing it. It still yanks at my heart that I had to let her go.
What are you replacing the Escalade with?
I don't know, some Japanese shitbox. Probably I would lease. I'm really tired all the time fixing stuff. Taking in consideration that fixing stuff is my job I work in elevator industry. But I have a lot of stuff to do at my job and really by coming late from job I don't want to lay under vehicle to fix it.

OP
OP
M

makintoshnex

Reaction score
I started to clean up, I just realized I have something about parts for 300$ just sitting in my apartment. I started the massive return on Amazon and Rock Auto. That's crazy. I wonder how much more Caddy would take out from my pocket.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help but be curious what happens to these trucks after the get sold off and where they end up. the mystery of what the cause of all the trouble really was.

that's the true down side of these trucks, everything breaks when it gets old. Just the lack of being able to find a mechanic to repair these is brutal on the wallet.

good luck with the replacement. no one needs kinda stress in their life.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help but be curious what happens to these trucks after the get sold off and where they end up. the mystery of what the cause of all the trouble really was.

that's the true down side of these trucks, everything breaks when it gets old. Just the lack of being able to find a mechanic to repair these is brutal on the wallet.

good luck with the replacement. no one needs kinda stress in their life.
most likely getting part out

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
@makintoshnex Oh man, I just stumbled back into your threads after seeing you dive in deep from the Caddy forum. That sucks. I really wanted a 10+ Hybrid Esky after discovering they existed.

The hybrid milage for local and e85 6.0L on the 2010+ made it a flipping awesome contender for a keeper. There’s 3 or 4 of them buzzing around down here in SoCal including a Platinum.

Bottom line is, you’ve got to have the guru to support them. I imagine that would consist of a GM master tech residing locally, working at your dealership and owning a hybrid as an owner/enthusiast who knew the platform intimately.

When you’re bored shop the National classifieds (Autotrader) for unicorns. Fly out to another state and drive it home if you find it. Did that with our 09 Plat ESV that has no AFM. TX to CA was the best drive ever.

You only seem to find the perfect vehicle when your really not looking for them. You’re still lucky to be one of the few that’s owned one. My 70 grey market 914-6 running a 2.7 with triple Weber’s still brings a tear I had to sell it. It’s probably the only reason I’m still alive too. It was a flying coffin just a few inches taller that a Ford GT 40.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@makintoshnex Oh man, I just stumbled back into your threads after seeing you dive in deep from the Caddy forum. That sucks. I really wanted a 10+ Hybrid Esky after discovering they existed.

The hybrid milage for local and e85 6.0L on the 2010+ made it a flipping awesome contender for a keeper. There’s 3 or 4 of them buzzing around down here in SoCal including a Platinum.

Bottom line is, you’ve got to have the guru to support them. I imagine that would consist of a GM master tech residing locally, working at your dealership and owning a hybrid as an owner/enthusiast who knew the platform intimately.

When you’re bored shop the National classifieds (Autotrader) for unicorns. Fly out to another state and drive it home if you find it. Did that with our 09 Plat ESV that has no AFM. TX to CA was the best drive ever.

You only seem to find the perfect vehicle when your really not looking for them. You’re still lucky to be one of the few that’s owned one. My 70 grey market 914-6 running a 2.7 with triple Weber’s still brings a tear I had to sell it. It’s probably the only reason I’m still alive too. It was a flying coffin just a few inches taller that a Ford GT 40.

the 6.0 has always seemed like a nice all around ls engine size.

on a side note, I'd love to put one of these drivetrains into a little Colorado or something and make it all work right.

be interesting. you'd need to find a complete one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar