Need help duplicating this look...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think those are the NBS 20's

no idea about tire size

mrjeffwk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guess on tire size

305 60 R20 is around 34". I am guessing 33" or 34" tires on that rig. Personally I think an 18 inch wheel looks much better on the Tahoes and Yukons. I put 20's on a 2000 Yukon and the proportions always seemed off, especially since you (like me) prefer the look of the original Z71 you posted. I think if you did the newer Silverado rims with the black center caps in an 18" rim, changed to the Ford torsion keys, shocks, spacer, maybe a Hotchkiss sway bar, you could more closely approximate the look of the original truck with a good ride (possibly improved even) and not have to buy a ladder for the kids. That is exactly what I am thinking of doing to my current 2005 Tahoe when my current tires (already on the 18" Silverado rims) need to be replaced. Does anyone agree or disagree with this assessment? Thanks and good luck with your project!!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be going spindles and spacers for my lift when it's time for new tires. I plan on about a 33" tire with my 18" wheels.

Which 18" silverado wheels do you have?

mrjeffwk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wheels

I believe if you wanted to go to a 6 inch lift that the backspacing on these wheels would not work. However, I was told by my tire vendor that these rims would work if doing a leveling kit and 33-34 inch tires. I would like to improve the abilities of my Tahoe in light off-loading conditions (forest roads, crossing shallow creeks, ditches, a little bit of mud. I also want to get the stance up a little higher and get some more aggressive front and rear bumpers with a winch in case I get carried away. However, I also want to have good handling on-road and not have to change gearing to handle massive tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayden with 2011 y