Need help duplicating this look...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently acquired an 02 Tahoe LT that's been in the family since new. While researching modifications I came across this picture:

photo-65.jpg

I think this looks great! Any guesses what suspension mods have been done or what tire and wheel size combo this might be? Would I have to do anything different considering mine is a LT and this one is a z71?

Thanks in advance!

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your going to need Z71 fender flares , Front bumper , Roof rack, and rear bumper , Looks like it has a 6 inch lift kit , Type Im not sure without seeing the front cross member maybe RCX. Wheels are KMC ----- can't remember the names sorry , The tires look to be a Nitto Trail grappler

OP
OP
R

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
Your going to need Z71 fender flares , Front bumper , Roof rack, and rear bumper , Looks like it has a 6 inch lift kit , Type Im not sure without seeing the front cross member maybe RCX. Wheels are KMC ----- can't remember the names sorry , The tires look to be a Nitto Trail grappler

Thanks! With your help I was able to identify the wheels. They are KMC KD798 Addict's. Any guesses on the size of the wheels and tires? I found another picture of the same rig if it helps:

photo-64.jpg

I'm not that concerned with the z71 body pieces. I thought maybe the z71 suspension was different from the factory and the LT might require different mods to accomplish a similar height and stance.

Thanks again!

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rims size can be tricky to determine with their design but I'd strongly guess 18s

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Wrapped in 35s only difference I know of between Z71 and non Z packages of that year we're the shocks and bump stops , I'm sure there is more

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
Wrapped in 35s only difference I know of between Z71 and non Z packages of that year we're the shocks and bump stops , I'm sure there is more

I've tried looking into what was different on the z71 for 02 and the returns are all over the map. Some suggest if you have the LT with the tow package the suspensions are identical. Still trying to sort that out.

david76008

Reaction score
The Z71 has a .5 or 1' lift compared to the factory springs you have. I believe that's the only thing relevant that is different in your case.

It's seems like a 6' lift, with 35's. Donnie is pretty close to brand, but will be hard to tell fine details like he mentioned.

OP
OP
R

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
Okay, changing up the plan. While I prefer the look of the original image I think it would be too difficult to get the kids in and out with that setup. So this is my new target. I know the wheels are OEM 20's but I'm not sure of the tire size or how much lift would be required. Thanks!

2010-09-13_11-17-20_816.jpg

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, changing up the plan. While I prefer the look of the original image I think it would be too difficult to get the kids in and out with that setup. So this is my new target. I know the wheels are OEM 20's but I'm not sure of the tire size or how much lift would be required. Thanks!

2010-09-13_11-17-20_816.jpg

This maybe just keys and spacers I think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900