Navigation is ripoff!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getfooled

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it just me or is yours way off. A normal 90 minute trip to my parents house estimates it at 4 hrs. Other trips I went on takes me thru unheard of routes and is always hours longer. I tired changing route options. It's built date was April 2014. Would the 2015i correct this?

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is not like that at all. Works pretty well. I'd call your dealer or schedule service.

Dirttracker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine wasn't that bad on distance or time but the map software was out of date went I received it. Had to update it.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '15i works pretty good. Love the Onstar app to enter the address and send it to the Nav. The route seems pretty good so far for the places I used the nav.

I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it. Probably needs a firmware and Nav update since it's a '15.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works pretty well also. In fact, I've had nav in every car I've owned since 2005 and this is the first one I'm actually using regularly. I had it set to auto reroute around traffic and it worked very well. Mine is a 15i.

Romeo5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the regular 2015 has a re route option.. mine is also giving some head aches taking me via long routes and won't give a re routing option. AM planning a coast to coast trip this summer and this issue keeps me worried.

Dirttracker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there was a hardware change between 2014 and the 2015 nav units or was it just a new user interface?

Charles Tappa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If there is a firmware update or a way to make this GPS useable I'd love to know it. Every GM GPS I"ve had in the past gave you route choices once you typed in the destination. This unit in my 2015 Denali doesn't give you any choice or even show the route it it planning on bringing you . I've got bad directions from this thing more times than I can count. By far the GPS is the thing I most dislike about my $70K SUV

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like you need an update. I'm actually pleased with the stock navigation. Granted it still doesn't compare to my 10 year Alpine hard navi but it's pretty good. I'm still in between the apple maps or in dash navi but leaning towards in dash. And like some mentioned earlier, sending a location to the in dash is pretty sweet.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 2015 the routing works OK but on longer trips it will show the arrival time taking 45 minutes or more longer than it actually is. It gradually corrects the arrival time over the course of the trip to being accurate about half way there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sailfl

Latest posts