My battery's going dead from Information center and dome lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie Coe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I have the dome light over ride button on my headlight switch and that's great. But how do I bypass the info center that's constantly blinking, when the doors are open. Which will in fact run my battery down. Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you might offer.

02 Tahoe Lt.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF. Close the doors so it doesn't blink?

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We leave our doors and hatch open all the time, sometimes for hours with no impact on the battery. Sounds like you may have other electrical issues at play.

Cbncanada

Reaction score
All that stuff should shut off automatically after 10 minutes or so. If it is not something is wrong. Also you battery should be able to handle that without a problem. I run a computer and several two way radios for hours and do not drain the battery. Put in a good capacity battery and you should be OK.

OP
OP
C

Charlie Coe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All that stuff should shut off automatically after 10 minutes or so. If it is not something is wrong. Also you battery should be able to handle that without a problem. I run a computer and several two way radios for hours and do not drain the battery. Put in a good capacity battery and you should be OK.

OP
OP
C

Charlie Coe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Great replys everybody. I didn't mean to quote any particular comment. But yeah, my lights are no longer timing off like they used. I guess I'll try looking into.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

You are already receiving responses from the knowledgeable folks here. Do you have a code scanner, so that you could see if there are any existing trouble codes?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you turn off the truck and remove the key, leave the radio on and open any door, does the radio turn off?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Door latch is common to stop working. You can remove and replace OR clean.

^^^ This, and these clusters are known to occasionally suffer from parasitic drain due to silver migration on the circuit board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu