Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you putting it in place of the stock muffler?
If so, wont you need two reducers? Inlet and outlet?

edit: Sorry, crappy pictures. This is what I'm doing but, this is going to be a full cat back system. I need to make a better reducer to fit the v-band a little tighter. But, you can get the idea of where I'm going. I used 2.5" ss tubing to make the reducers. I'm cutting the factory 2 bolt ball and socket and replacing it with a v-band to make it easily removeable. And I will make the rest in sections if I want to change things around.

reducer-1.jpg reducer.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
Yeah just changing out the muffler. Reducer on the inlet and outlet

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy enough. Any exhaust shop should be able to do that in no time.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My muffler had 3" ID ends. I used some scrap pieces of 3" ID exhaust tubing to make a filler. Just cut a 1" wide ring then cut it along it's seam so it could compress and slip inside the muffler end. It's like having a tuna can that's open on top and bottom then cutting an 1/8" wide slot from the top to bottom then squeezing it so the gap is closed, making it's diameter a hair smaller. The stock exhaust slipped inside that, leaving a 1/16" gap all around that was filled when I welded it up. Yeah, reducers make it more "plug-and-play", but I decided to do my exhaust at 7:00 last Friday evening and I wasn't going into town for some reducers.

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
My buddy owns a meinike by me just trying to get the pieces instead of possibly waiting around if he doesn’t have them in stock or he could expand the stock piping. Not sure how he’ll go about it.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he owns a Meineke he should have all the necessary tooling to do exhaust work. All he'd have to do is make two transitions. Get two pieces of 2.5" tubing, say 4" long and swage one end out to 3". If the muffler has a 3" ID then this piece should slip fit inside the muffler.
You can slide 2.5" inside the factory 2.750" tubing. Or have him swage the other end out to 2.750 to butt against the factory tubing. Or swage it out to 2. 875 and it will slip fit over the factory exhaust.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Muffler got here yesterday bringing it by a buddies meinike Monday to have him weld it up I’ll post up some videos with and without the factory resonator

Nice, lookin forward to hearing it.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you building your own systems- do you know which bends to get? I want to try a 4 inch system and am thinking a 90, two 45s and a 30 or 15 plus 4 feet or so of straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts