Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry kinda late so im hoping you were actually wondering that. or you already gathered that and im just being captain obvious lol.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
^^^ That sounds surprisingly good for that type of muffler! And so cheap! I can't believe you don't have drone. You gotta at least hear it in the cabin, yeah?

It is surprisingly quiet in the cabin as long as your not WOT. Cruising down the interstate it is very subtle.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Jones performance muffler on my 5.3l Burb with the stock resonator still in place.

http://jonesexhaust.com/Product/Jon...ow--Pack/CAD21912-AAE9-4680-B099-B1719F453144

Looks like this...View attachment 208806

Sounds like this cold...

And like this when warm...

No drone inside with the resonator in place... not sure without.

That sounds great. I was expecting it to be a louder considering the size of the muffler. But, with the resonator in place that helps a bunch.

I ended up going a different route than everyone and went with a MagnaFlow 12279 Muffler and a bunch of 3" tubing and I'll be making a simple cat-back for now.

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score

kbuskill

Reaction score
Do you happen to remember what the inside diameter of the muffler is? I can’t seem to find it on their website

Are you meaning in the center (body) of the muffler???

If so... I have no idea as I didn't have any way or need to measure it. The pipes on either end are 3" obviously so if I had to venture a guess I would say that the center of the muffler might be 7"-8" in diameter.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
Are you meaning in the center (body) of the muffler???

If so... I have no idea as I didn't have any way or need to measure it. The pipes on either end are 3" obviously so if I had to venture a guess I would say that the center of the muffler might be 7"-8" in diameter.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

No problem I figured it out. I was trying to figure the inside diameter of the inlet/outlet pipes. Which if it’s 16g pipe, it would be 2 7/8” ID. Hopefully my math is right.

kbuskill

Reaction score
No problem I figured it out. I was trying to figure the inside diameter of the inlet/outlet pipes. Which if it’s 16g pipe, it would be 2 7/8” ID. Hopefully my math is right.

Oh, I see what your saying. I guess your wanting to slip the pipe inside the inlet/outlet.

They also have 3.5" inlet/outlet mufflers as well as others I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy