Much better oil pressure after oil change.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have the notorious 704 (?) castechs. I think it is 864's that I have. As minor as the coolant leak is given the overheating history (was missing the thermostat, had a clogged radiator and green coolant when I bought it and I had to tow it home), I would think if I had castechs, id be pulling them right now. As it stands, I see no need to go through all that.

Your current mileage is right around where my 862 Castech's starting giving me problems on my 04 Tahoe. The 862's are just as much of a problem as the early 706's. I have heard good things about the later 706's that are usually found on 05-06 vehicles. I was able to plug up the leak to get by with Blue Devil, but I decided to not drop a dime patching up the 5.3. Instead I spent that same $$$ on a replacement 6.0 that is just about to get dropped in place of the tired, original 5.3 with 862's. Reading your reports sounds like everything I had happen between the oil pressure going away over time, start up lifter clacking, coolant residual, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660