More than ever confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kendall69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You like the Ford's motor cutting out every time you stop? Deal breaker for me.

Consider also that the Ford is newly redesigned while the GM is mature. My Daddy taught me to never buy the first year model.

Just disable it Not a problem. This can be done via IDS programming.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use one of those grocery boxes that fold up. They keep my groceries from rolling around the trunk of my car or the tailgate area of an SUV. When not in use, I just fold it up and store it under the floor.

Where would I find one of these folding grocery boxes you speak of?

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with the tech in the new Fords, and living at altitude as I do I might prefer the turbo engine given the choice.

I just think the new Expedition exterior design is a complete miss.

It looks portly where the Tahoe/Yukon looks athletic. The front end is a disaster of thin, weak horizontal lines, though better on the Platinum model.

I felt similar about the Sequoia redesign when that happened in 2009. The previous model was svelte, a great size and looked a lot like a larger 4Runner at the time. The thing they came out with in '09 looks like a ***** whale on 4 wheels.

hunter991

Reaction score
I have to jump in since i was someone who wanted the Expy and ended up with the Tahoe premier. First of all, looks, the tahoe is the best looking full size SUV ever made. The 18 expy is not. To me it looks like they took the FLEX and just made it bigger. Its a large station wagon. Reminds me of my 2010 Sequioa which looked "bulbous" and not attractive. That's the looks part of it, but my all black tahoe still turns heads.

on the Ecoboost. Sorry, but like others have said, it was fixing a problem that never existed. MPG is lower with the expy. I get over 24 mpg on my tahoe under 65 mph. That's amazing to me.. it gets better mileage than my half size commuter Nissan crossover which struggles to get 20. The power of the 5.3 is very good too. I tow a big wake boat and the tahoe handles it just fine and WITHOUT squatting in the rear.

The interior is quite classy on both, thats a wash to me. Now, i was a ford guy owning plenty of F150's.. i was waiting for the new expy only to be disappointed. I AM NOT A GM guy in fact i swore them off long ago due to reliability. I thought i would give them one more chance and did.. I have 15k miles on my tahoe and so far its been great. Some of my F150's were disasters when it came to reliability especially the 5.4L.

i even rented a new Expy on a business trip and to be honest, there isn't anything i wish it had that my tahoe doesn't or vice versus. I did notice MPG however, and the ford was harder on gas. I also didn't like the shifter knob. I could get used to it, but just don't care for that. The ford will have more room but will be less sporty, that is for sure.

the last thing, when i got my SUV the wife wanted a new car. We got her a lexus and when i was at the dealer they had a reliability sheet sitting on the desk that showed Lexus was 2nd overall. Chevy was 5th, and GMC was way at the bottom. I will say, skip the GMC and get the tahoe. I know, made by same company, same everything but i also hear more problems with denali than i do with the tahoe and the tahoe costs less.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I felt similar about the Sequoia redesign when that happened in 2009. The previous model was svelte, a great size and looked a lot like a larger 4Runner at the time. The thing they came out with in '09 looks like a ***** whale on 4 wheels.

Its a large station wagon. Reminds me of my 2010 Sequoia which looked "bulbous" and not attractive.
Funny we'd both mention the Sequoia, but I agree, it was a design miss on a similar level to the Expedition. They should have made the Expy look more like a big Explorer. IMO.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was behind a new white Expedition this afternoon. The rear end looks hideous with those ugly tail lamps. Not crazy about the rest of it either. I think the 2017 and older Expeditions looked a lot better. Just IMHO.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was behind a new white Expedition this afternoon. The rear end looks hideous with those ugly tail lamps. Not crazy about the rest of it either. I think the 2017 and older Expeditions looked a lot better. Just IMHO.
True -- And wheels with white outlined lettering don't help either. But that said, I was interested in one if the ride was appreciably better and the price was lower. Ford salesman even said to hang on to my Suburban for a few more years before considering a trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645