More than ever confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your Explorer? My friend has a 2016 explorer sport, and that thing is like a rocket, and it is pretty even tied racing him in my 09 Tahoe tuned 6.2 here at Mile high. I think his radio interface is a bit wierd, but I haven't really played with GM 15-18 systems. I really have only driven them a few times.

2013. It beats the Tahoe (for speed) hands down. More hp, same torque and 1000 less lbs!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or remove the rear seat=more cargo room!

The net would keep stuff from falling out the back. Nothing like putting groceries back there and while opening the hatch have cans and soda bottles fall out and roll away! Always found them handy on our minivans so I put one on my truck.

ycats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The expedition doesn't have HUD. I would miss not having that.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The net would keep stuff from falling out the back. Nothing like putting groceries back there and while opening the hatch have cans and soda bottles fall out and roll away! Always found them handy on our minivans so I put one on my truck.
I use one of those grocery boxes that fold up. They keep my groceries from rolling around the trunk of my car or the tailgate area of an SUV. When not in use, I just fold it up and store it under the floor.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use one of those grocery boxes that fold up. They keep my groceries from rolling around the trunk of my car or the tailgate area of an SUV. When not in use, I just fold it up and store it under the floor.

The net I bought for the Yukon is an envelope style, I can some grocery bags in it to keep them from rolling around behind the net.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
EcoBoost equals Turbocharged. Why all the mysterious rebranding by combining the words economy and turbo (boosted) charged? Because BiTurbo, TwinTurbo and Sequential Turbo historically means Exotic/Highline Euro sedans that are money pits. Beautiful money pits, but a family SUV made by Ford will never be invited to that twin turbo table.

A twin turbo motor out of warranty is a HUGE financial burden to an owner compared to a normally aspirated engine. With Volvo going 100% electric by 2019, Tesla going balls out and hydrogen fuel cell cars already on the road, guess what Ford’s going to do with the EcoBoost motors? Yup, drop the parts, support and service for EcoBoost like 3rd period French.

The depreciation on a 3.5L twin turbo motor that exceeded it’s service intervals, out of warranty, needs both turbos replaced simultaneously and has all the contents under the hood baked for 600 hrs @ 1000*F is doom. Can anyone see “NEW! Ford Twin Turbo for economy, reliability and power”. No, because everyone knows a TT is exotic, expensive, unreliable and depreciates like the leftovers in your fridge.

The twin turbo I bought in 05 did that. It was a CPO 2002 model w/ 5yr 50k mile factory warr for $32k. By the time the Warr was up I had ppwk for over $41k in service, parts and long wheel base A8 loaner cars. The factory paid for every know bug the car had.

It’s a sought after car with a 6SP M, rear facing 3rd row seat, German sourced Factory OEM DVD Nav, VCIM BT, XM, DVD, TV tuner. Heated multi funct steering wheel to control it with heated leather seats. The Audi allroad rides on true 4 level (auto or man) bagged suspension and the 2.7 twin turbo only has 250 hp. Always garaged, I’ll bet it’ll only wring $10k if totalled, even with the full factory service records as a 16 year old car.

Bottom line: Expedition is not proven and being marketed as something it’s not. It’s a worthwhile candidate for a lease but deff not a purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My little brother had one of them fancy twin turbo BMWs some years back, cost him a small fortune to maintain. Far more money than our turbocharged Buicks from the 1980s. A single turbo makes sense, two little ones does not. It adds needless complexity when KISS should be the rule. GM is wise to stick with the V8 and natural aspiration though forced induction might be nice options to choose from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645