Military or Veterans Here?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if there are any Veterans here on the forum.

I wanted to Rant a little.

Well I have been out of the military since December now (medical separation)
waiting on the VA to give me my disability rating of 30% which i was told from the VA i would be getting. Then I get a letter in the mail saying i am getting 10%.

I didnt even get compensation for the whole reason I was put out of the military a year early!!!

I am going to fight this but I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with this?

All help and comments would be appreciated guys....

05TahoeZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the military, Navy. I don't have any experience with that situation, but I'm unsure if I will be in the same boat as you shortly. I'm being treated for a heart condition, but if it doesn't fix it, I may be looking at medical sep as well.

Good luck with it. Let us know how it goes.

PETEY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have never had any experience like you are having but i hate the VA. It is extremely difficult to get anything done through the VA. My major complaint is the 4 to 6 month waiting period for anything you do.

oneradride

Reaction score
I did my 4 and got an honorable but, in my third year I tore my quadricep completely off at the knee. I have a 7 inch scar where they flayed me open like a carp and it took 17 staples to close it back up. I had to fight for the rating but it’s worth the fight. KEEP ALL YOUR RECORDS and do research on your own. I basically told the dumb ass that was doing my evaluation exactly what happened, how it was repaired and the short and long terms affects something like this injury can cause. Sell your story, don’t lie, just be confident and honest. You’ll only have to do it once. The money will come and if you do it right you will get back pay. Good luck!

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the thing is though they already gave me a 10% rating and back paid me 5 months its not that i am worried about... I want 30%!!! I know I deserve it

Greengumby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you should fight it ! try to get some legal advice and see what ur options are ..i still got my shrapnel in my leg from the idiot a10 pilot that droped a 250 on us ...did my time in the sandbox but thats another story :) ..Good luck battle buddy!

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should fight it ! try to get some legal advice and see what ur options are ..i still got my shrapnel in my leg from the idiot a10 pilot that droped a 250 on us ...did my time in the sandbox but thats another story :) ..Good luck battle buddy!

This ******' sucks!! You guys are out there laying it on the line for all of us and this is how you get treated.

Hope you get it resolved and figured out. You shouldn't have to dick around trying to fix things, the govt should be catering to you needs.. Peace..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401