Military or Veterans Here?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This ******' sucks!! You guys are out there laying it on the line for all of us and this is how you get treated.

Hope you get it resolved and figured out. You shouldn't have to dick around trying to fix things, the govt should be catering to you needs.. Peace..

unfortunately its poor people that are gunna be catered to now, at the expense of the rest of us

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the worst of it all i could still be in the military now... I was separated early!!! Because of my shoulder injury and being non-deployable. Now I am getting a percentage for damn heartburn!!!! What happen to the percentage for my shoulder.... the whole reason I was put out!!!!!!

I am going to fight it I have been getting my rebuttal together and getting all the medical statements I can find.

I could still be getting PAID!!! And so could my wife!!! She had a government job!!!! Now we are both unemployed!!! Good thing we know how to save huh!!

Stik

Reaction score
i am Air Force.. just went over 22 years... My wife was medically retired around december 08 and still hasnt gotten her rating yet...

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you know that is the same month that I got out. Dont expect to get much at first. be ready to fight for a better rating. have her go to the doctor at home for all her problems so that she can submit new "evidence"

Just a word from the wise.... plus its what I am going through

Stik

Reaction score
She should be between a 95 and 100%.. but will have to see what they give.. her medical records are vol 1-3. Plenty of evidence.. sucks it has to be that way for vets

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I was informed that I was getting 30% no less and look what happened... Hope that your wife has better luck

God Bless

jasper10101010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wanted to chime in too...did 5 in the Corps, got out honorably...But, and I advise this to you guys still in...I went to the VA on a nearby base 60 days prior to my EAS. I screwed my back up, have extremely flat feet, and of course bad knees. I have a chronic(never get better) degenerative disc disease, so that may have swayed the outcome a bit.

I am rated at 60%, should have been more according to the VA, but that was more than I expected. I can not express the importance enough of GOING BEFORE YOU GET OUT!! 2 - 3 months after separating, I got an award letter in the mail, one month later, I began receiving benefits. You guys deserve the benefits/compensation if you're actually hurt! It lost me a job or two that I was very qualified for, so I'd say that the compensation is merited.

Go to the VA before you get out!! Talk to your local D.A.V. or V.F.W., get some advice, trust me it is worth it.

For those of you fighting the VA, I advise the same thing, get with your local D.A.V. or any other veteran group. They are there to help you, they have lawyers and know how the system works! You can appeal to the VA annually I believe.

Keep all your medical records, go to medical and make copies! I'm not saying they would try to remove anything, but you never know! I had an MRI and several x-rays to document my problems, the more evidence you can present the better chance you have to succeed.

Semper Fi

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went to the VA 12 months before I got out for my exams then 2 months before I got out then 2 months after I got out.. I know all about going there....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali