might pull the trigger early

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so i got an oppertunity to make some extra cash, friend of mine is out of town and said he would pay me a $130 bucks to do some maitence to his place , so lets talk body lifts. ok now i think im going with a 1 or 2 inch body lift need advice an opinions. what brand? next what else would i need? brake line extention? steering extention?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Performance Accessories. Or summit I think makes the same thing.

Don't come in 1", just 2-3"

that's where my body lift knowledge stops. make or get gap guards though

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally do not like body lifts that much, however

If I were to do one, I'd buy a good one. I like the Zone kit. They make some good products. I recommend them personally. Only problem is you can only get a 3inch. And with your 6inch, it might look odd with 35's now. But I don't think it would look terrible either.

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=235&gr=-1

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my 99' Ford F150 I had a 6" suspension and 3" Body, w/ 38-14.50-16 toyo m/t's, it was sick!!! Honestly should have never sold it, the only problem I came a across was that my additional trans cooler hose eventually wore a hole in it because of rubbing. Biggest thing is IMO make sure no hoses rub (look at everything) I mistakenly missed that one, get gap guards and make sure to paint the frame, (Chevys show major frame) when body lifted.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

156012_122128001182574_6481280_n.jpg

154867_122127974515910_748688_n.jpg

i Know this isnt a ford forum but here was mine. other thing is either make or install Bumper extensions, mine was pretty clean and 95% of the people didnt know it had a Body Lift. By the Way Im 6' 6" and have a 36-38" inseam. This was the biggest F150 in WA state that the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only reason im thinking of not cranking the keys and doing the body lift that much is look at my angles they are almost negative lol so a little cranking will be nessacary but it rides sooooooooooo good
custom4.jpg

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crank it up, 1-1.5" and you'll be fine and not have a bad ride. What height are the fenders sitting at right now?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I have 3 inch performance accessory lift and yea it looks good quality and has everything needed beaide hose or line spacers in the event its too streched for the lines

OP
OP
Donnie Yukonie

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 3 inch performance accessory lift and yea it looks good quality and has everything needed beaide hose or line spacers in the event its too streched for the lines

thats what im worried about i want to know everything i need to do this THE RIGHT way i havent jerry rigged anything on this truck yet and dont want to start, i might just wait for the SS lines swap when i do this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10