Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yeah… that’s why they made me add the vehicle to my geico insurance because of the possible above mentioned things… because technically it is my vehicle but yeah I can’t wrap my mind around how the lien holder was ok with this.. the vehicle is listed as sold So I can’t understand how GM wouldn’t at least try to get that to the consumer a little quicker?
Whatever… I try to make the best out of the worst of the situations so as long as I get the vehicle and is quality checked appropriately I’ll be happy and hopefully we will all move past this.. I’m just happy we can vent off somehwere other than my punching bag in the garage
Good luck to everyone going through this… it fricking sucks

I cannot understand you paying for a vehicle, along with the insurance when you don’t have it. The dealership has no vested interest getting you that car because it’s already paid for and not on their books with GM. I’m sorry you’re also in this Midlothian situation.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think GM doesn't know you are frustrated? Trust me, the last thing they want is 4 weeks of production sitting at a lot, vs at a dealer and into customer's hands...they don't get to claim revenue until the vehicles are shipped to the ordering dealer, so its a big financial liability on their books...guarantee the supply chain and quality folks at GM are doing whatever they can to move these...so your frustration is maybe about not hearing status, which may be warranted...but there is likely no amount of complaining that will free these vehicles. If they are on quality hold...you probably want whatever it is applied before you get possession....The backup is going to likely be problematic, as the availability of transportation is limited once the quality issue is resolved.
Oh I understand they obviously have a dog in the fight but what’s frustrating me is the lack of answers. They don’t know why my vehicle is sitting there; from my salesman, to the sales manager to the dealerships owner, to the Customer Service reps. There should be more transparency and accuracy with the process.

I’ve also heard that GM had stored vehicles on land where the built vehicles that were sitting, waiting on chips wound up riddled with field mice and other rodent issues. Gross. Can you imagine you waiting all this time to hear Tom & Jerry were chillin’ in your new ride all this time and it’s destroyed!?! Lol

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read this thread from the beginning last week, and just catching up on the last page of posts. You mentioned seeing plenty of trucks listed on the gmc website built and the sent straight to the rail shuttle. How do you find that information? I'm trying to get myself set up so i can follow my order once my dealer gets an allocation to place the order with GM for my tahoe and I can't recall how to do so.

I just tracked the VIN's on the link posted in this thread. From your standpoint, you can just use Chevy chat on the website to ask for an update until it gets produced and gets a VIN, then you can ask your dealer for the VIN and ask them to track it on VINVIEW. If GM chat is not working, you can also register on the other forum and ask the members (Linton23 and Leo-something?) to track with their internal tools.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I understand they obviously have a dog in the fight but what’s frustrating me is the lack of answers. They don’t know why my vehicle is sitting there; from my salesman, to the sales manager to the dealerships owner, to the Customer Service reps. There should be more transparency and accuracy with the process.

I’ve also heard that GM had stored vehicles on land where the built vehicles that were sitting, waiting on chips wound up riddled with field mice and other rodent issues. Gross. Can you imagine you waiting all this time to hear Tom & Jerry were chillin’ in your new ride all this time and it’s destroyed!?! Lol

Exactly what I am afraid of. It's getting closer to that becoming a reality. I'd rather not get into inspecting in, under, and around a brand new truck before buying it. My build was custom enough that I can't just try to get lucky off finding one in transit (Denali diesel with a bench seat), but at least we have already have something we like that is close enough.

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if we go another week with no updates we should assume GM’s plan is to indeed wait for 22’ production to end to finish our trucks. Bummer… we have very little leverage, but Ill at least try to ask for some free accessories.

Keg0brew

Reaction score
My dealer says they confirmed mine is complete and just waiting on delivery. Since I am local they are trying to see if they can just go pick it up. We shall see. It’s been there since late March.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, there has been SOME movement on a couple of the vehicles I have been tracking but they all have one thing in common; they were going to Texas, so it was a short hop.

Here's a screenshot to show the few from my list that have moved. (their cells are all green across and the Secondary/Paired date show as Delivered)

View attachment 370154
I think if we go another week with no updates we should assume GM’s plan is to indeed wait for 22’ production to end to finish our trucks. Bummer… we have very little leverage, but Ill at least try to ask for some free accessories.
the thing that really aggravates me is there are vehicles that were built AFTER ours being delivered to the dealerships. Bunch of crap. Waiting since October…

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer says they confirmed mine is complete and just waiting on delivery. Since I am local they are trying to see if they can just go pick it up. We shall see. It’s been there since late March.
I still don’t quite understand how the my have kept the dealerships in the dark; I think my situation is unique in that my dealership honored the Friends & Family discount for me, so they aren’t gaining anything but these are few and far between, and they are sitting waiting to make money. You’d think they’d be just as upset and wanting to constantly follow up?

Unluckycharm

Reaction score
So, there has been SOME movement on a couple of the vehicles I have been tracking but they all have one thing in common; they were going to Texas, so it was a short hop.

Here's a screenshot to show the few from my list that have moved. (their cells are all green across and the Secondary/Paired date show as Delivered)

View attachment 370154

the thing that really aggravates me is there are vehicles that were built AFTER ours being delivered to the dealerships. Bunch of crap. Waiting since October…
Kate, at this point I feel like our vehicle are complete and ready to be shipped- not waiting on chips. I think our vehicles were off loaded to the MID lot waiting on shipping and are now buried, so ours were parked in the back and they can’t dig them out until the newer vehicles are shipped. But newer vehicles will continue to be put in front of the older vehicles as shipments leave. They are not operating FIFO. We are in a bad cycle until there are enough transport vehicles to get us out of the lot.

Just to check this theory out I have been looking at the trip numbers of the vehicles brought off the line, this lists all the vehicles on the same transport to MID lot. Mine had 6 move to the lot on the same truck. No movement on the older ones, but newer ones have some movement.

Frustrating for sure.

Keg0brew

Reaction score
I still don’t quite understand how the my have kept the dealerships in the dark; I think my situation is unique in that my dealership honored the Friends & Family discount for me, so they aren’t gaining anything but these are few and far between, and they are sitting waiting to make money. You’d think they’d be just as upset and wanting to constantly follow up?

I using friends and family as well. Personally don’t think that is a player in this, but it is a coincidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr