Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, there was a rash of issues reported on the forum here w/ the headlight ambient light sensor, most were produced late March/Early April. Perhaps GM identified a quality issue and is holding vehicles until they can get replacement ambient light sensors??

I didn't realize the Yukon had ambient light...lol

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My SLT was completed first week of April. Sitting at Midlothian with a 4300 status. Dealer states it is not missing parts. It is a local delivery and dealer was surprised that it went to Midlothian, since that is their national distribution center. Reportedly, as of a week ago there are thousands sitting at the massive Midlothian facility.

Only conclusion that I have come to is that GM removed the constraint on hented and ventilated seat chips a couple of weeks ago and the Yukons were sent to Midlothian for those chips to be installed prior to delivery.

In the same boat.

This was my thought as well.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My SLT was completed first week of April. Sitting at Midlothian with a 4300 status. Dealer states it is not missing parts. It is a local delivery and dealer was surprised that it went to Midlothian, since that is their national distribution center. Reportedly, as of a week ago there are thousands sitting at the massive Midlothian facility.

Only conclusion that I have come to is that GM removed the constraint on hented and ventilated seat chips a couple of weeks ago and the Yukons were sent to Midlothian for those chips to be installed prior to delivery.

This is what I was wondering BUT, when I was doing my detective work and I looked at the window stickers for the Yukon Denali's they do NOT have the same verbiage about the credit for the heated/ventilated seats (CREDIT - NOT EQUIPPED W/ FRONT-50.00 HEATED/ VENTILATED SEATS AND REAR HEATED SEATS) this only appears on non-Denali Yukons...so that removed that as the reasoning from my "list".

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this just says that your vehicle is parked in the mIdlothian lot waiting to be shipped. Welcome to the Club no-one wanted to be in...

Gstaffs23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this just says that your vehicle is parked in the mIdlothian lot waiting to be shipped. Welcome to the Club no-one wanted to be in...
Great… I wish they would tell you why it was sitting there and how long g they expect it to be there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panzerwagen